What wide rim?

Printable View

• 03-18-2013
    kaiser2
    What wide rim?
    I'm looking for some suggestions for a wide rim. I'm trying to spec a wheelset for my Horsethief build and need some recommendations. So far I like the look of the Spank SubRosa's but I'm also considering the P35 and Flow EX. So anything to add to my shortlist? Anything to steer clear off? I'm not terribly hard on wheels nor am I particularly clydesdaleish. Fickle I know but I'd like a splash of colour to add to the Horsetheif's staid finish.
  • 03-18-2013
    J.R.A.
    Take a look at the Pacenti DL31. Go to BikeLugs.com to check them out. I weigh 260 and am having them laced up to king hubs, should be bombproof for enduro style riding.
  • 03-18-2013
    andrwplsn
    i love my P35!
  • 03-19-2013
    29or6to4
    I'm literally building up a new wheelset right now and using WTB I 23's. they seem very well built and are building up smoothly. Giving them a try over my Flows this time around.
  • 03-19-2013
    Stopbreakindown
    I picked up a set of WTB i23 laced to Dt Swiss 350 hubs for my horsethief. Easily set up tubeless w/ Schwalbe Hans Dampfs. They were takeoffs from a Tallboy LTc, they can be had between $300-$400 on fleabay.
  • 03-19-2013
    Shalom
    Just built up a wheelset over the weekend with some i23s. Great rims and easy to build up. Will hopefully get a chance to ride them soon, but all signs are pointing to a really solid wheelset.
  • 03-20-2013
    bmreal
    i23's here as well. They built up nice and light paired with Hope hubs. Setting them up was supper easy. Great wheelset.
  • 03-20-2013
    Shalom
    And if you want wider, WTB are bringing out an i25 soonish.
  • 03-20-2013
    nitrousjunky
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Shalom View Post
    And if you want wider, WTB are bringing out an i25 soonish.

Sweet that's good news!!
  • 03-20-2013
    Shalom
  • 03-22-2013
    kaiser2
    Thanks everyone, hadn't considered WTB at all. After chatting with a guy I ride with the other night I'm wondering how 'bombproof' I need to go on the build. I'll need to do some sums and work out whats needed exactly!
  • 03-22-2013
    sslos
    That depends a lot on how "not terribly hard on wheels nor am I particularly clydesdaleish" you are. For the most part, if you're under 200 lbs. or so, and don't often have to have wheels trued, you don't need to go super burly. Something like that new WTB i23 KOM with a good build. DT SuperComps, alloy nipples, built by someone who knows what they're doing should be a solid, reliable wheelset.

Los