mtbr member
    Aug 2012

What length reverb post on a Rumblefish?

Hi guys, I posted a question about this over on the Trek forum, but I think this one gets more traffic.

I have a 2013 Rumblefish elite on order right now, but it's backordered for another month or so. I want to get a reverb post for it (possible as a xmas present) but I'm not sure which length to get without the bike being here yet. There are currently some good deals on reverb posts, and I'd like to get one of these 2012 closeouts.

I demoed a 17.5 Rumblefish Pro that comes with a reverb and it worked just fine. Does the Rumblefish pro come with a 100mm post or a 125mm post? The spec sheet on trek's website only specifies that it's a 31.6 diameter.

I'm getting ready to take the factory picture, and put it in paint or something and see if I can't come up with a measurement by comparing it to known measurements on the bike.

Would anyone have a RF pro and know what size the reverb post is?

Thanks in advance,
    Luke

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Update: After importing the factory photo into paint and measuring the number of pixels on the wheelbase, then comparing the seatpost length between the seal and the top, I've deduced that it's a 100mm post.

My math is rusty though...if someone wants to confirm this I'd be happy to hear it.

I would also be curious of the overall post length on any rumblefish

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I don't know anything about the 2013 model, but I have a 2011 rumblefish, and 100mm drop is what I use. Works great.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I'm sure the frame is very similar if not the same. thanks for the info.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by VFRLuke View Post
    I'm sure the frame is very similar if not the same. thanks for the info.
    Yeah, it is. I have a 17.5 as well.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    For anyone else who may find this searching for the same information, I got this response back from trek when i sent them an email asking for the spec on the RF pro:

Hello,

Thanks for writing in. The Rumblefish frames are sized for the 420mm post on sizes 19" and larger. The size is 31.6mm with 125mm of height adjust. Please let us know what other questions you have.

So, me having the 17.5" bike coming...I'm still confused. I sent them an email back asking if the 17.5" bike has the same post or a different one. I'm hoping they tell me the same or the 125 post that's 380 mm long....because it's on sale

Biker Boater Boarder
    I have the 2012 RF Elite 17.5.... When i get off work in the morning ill measure mine for you.
    Adios,
    "Chaco"

Lots of kids tell me they want to be firefighters when they grow up, I tell them they can't do both!

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Awesome, thanks

I just heard back from trek again. It appears that the 17.5" rumblefish also has the 125mm post, but the overall length is the 380mm version.
    Last edited by VFRLuke; 11-20-2012 at 03:32 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    awesome... I was so happy to know exactly what i needed and I was going to order my post tonight, but the deal is now gone

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    No expert myself but also did my own research for my 2012 pro , that doesnt come with one,

From what I can gather, the amount of travel ( 100 mm or 125 ) is more a personal thing ,

But the 31.6 and the 380mm are the more crucial ones for fit.