mtbr member
    Jun 2010

weighed new dropper for new 29er build: Brand X

It's a 31.6 internal and it's "only" 120mm drop which rules it out for many, but for $139.99 delivered ($10 coupon applied) in two days from Europe to the States with good reviews I took a chance.
    Weight with no lever, cable or housing is 543 grams. A few less than my Fox Transfer Factory.

The Brand X comes with a shift lever style remote that reviews say isn't a turd. I don't expect anything like my Wolf Tooth Remote, but it's better than the usual no lever from Fox or non-lever style my Thomson has.

BOOM goes the dynamite!
    So...uh, is this to brag or are you planning to share where you got this and whatever coupon to bring it to that price so others can grab one if they're interested?

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Brand X is a chainreaction-only deal (and Wiggle which is same outfit basically) and the 10% is on their homepage randomly.
    Brand-X Ascend Dropper Seatpost | Chain Reaction Cycles

mtbr member
    Is it reliable? Serviceable?

Weight seems low on the list for comparing droppers. I think its all about reliability and service, which so many seem to be lacking in that department.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    $10 off with code new10

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    They only fit 29ers.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by miguelos View Post
    They only fit 29ers.
    This was a tongue-in-cheek response, yet I got a "...shameless behavior in the past" check mark against my "Reputation". I can understand the need to prevent trolling, but sheesh some moderator needs to get a sense of humor (don't worry, the 7:30 show is entirely different).

transmitter~receiver
    Quote Originally Posted by miguelos View Post
    This was a tongue-in-cheek response, yet I got a "...shameless behavior in the past" check mark against my "Reputation". I can understand the need to prevent trolling, but sheesh some moderator needs to get a sense of humor (don't worry, the 7:30 show is entirely different).
    It was probably another user, not a moderator and it's weak sauce IMO.
    out the mofo.
    Quote Originally Posted by pvd
    Time to stop believing the hype and start doing some science.
    29er Tire Weight Database

hispanic mechanic
    Interested in your experience with this post. If it ends up working well, that's a hell of a bargain!

Los
    Whiskey is my yoga.

dongerparty.com

mtbr member
    I have this post on both my bikes. So far no issues. As far as serviceability I guess you'd need to contact Chainreaction and see. This post works very well with minimal rotation movement and fairly quick return. I bought these posts because of review rating on Chainreaction and price. This is what I know about droppers, regardless of price they will eventually fail.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I have the Brand X. It feels identical to my Fox Transfer Factory....that did not come with a remote. The Brand X remote, while NOT as nice as my Wolftooth Remote ($60 extra), does a very good job and everything is $140 delivered.

I do like my Thomson Elite dropper feel and function better than the Brand X even with the stock Thomson lever. The Thomson has a better modulated action up and down. Obviously it was a lot more money even on sale.

As for reliability of the Brand X.....my new Thomson broke on the first ride so it's all a crapshoot when it comes to droppers.

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    I have had my Brand X dropper on my Nukeproof since new, about 6 months. Hasn't skipped a beat. Goes up and goes down. Lever has been beat around from a couple of offs and carriage. Just bent it back. Cheap and cheerful I reckon.

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk