mtbr member

Very happy about my new upgrade

I went from the Deore shifters to the XT shifters, wow what a difference. My Carve Expert came with all Deore Cmpts save the XT rear derailer and some crappy M446 Hydro brakes (yes, I know that this bike states that it comes with the M505 Deore Hydro brakes but no it did not). These new XT shifters are very stiff and percise, when you here the snap you are in that gear (BTW it is a 3X10 drivetrain). It took some getting used to but I love them. I also went for the XT M785 brakes both front and rear. These brakes are a HUGE upgrade from the M446's. I do not have the Ice Tech rotors yet but they are on the to-do list along with the XT rear sprocket. This is now a very different bike and I am loving it. I just wanted to share how happy I am with the up grade, $79 for the shifters and $129.99 for each brake.

Mark
    2012 XXL Carve Expert

MTB B'dos
    I think I'd be happy too with those upgrades, actually I know I would be as I've got a pair of those same brakes sitting in my shopping cart just waiting for the funds to click the order button You can toss the old parts into a draw for spares or when you get another frame to build up as a second/loaner bike
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

mtbr member
    As an update, I am now getting a little noise from heated braking, I am not sure if it is due to the older brakes using a resin pad and now I am using simi metalic. I will clean up the rotors with some brake cleaner and use the brake in proceedure again.

Mark
    2012 XXL Carve Expert