Thread: UST 29er Tires?

mtbr member
    Nov 2009

UST 29er Tires?

What's out there? I was looking at getting my first tubeless wheelset and the Haven USTs are being blown out. What tire should I pair with them? I don't see much out there.

mtbr member
    I roll some schwalbe hans dampf 29x2.35 on my surly ogre tubelss on stans flow ex and they have been working great
    surly karate monkey
    surly ogre

Zaf
    mtbr member
    Maxxis Ardent in 2.2 and 2.4 and Crossmarks in 2.1 come in a 29er UST. They're the only ones I know of so far that actually are UST in every way, rather than just Tubeless ready.
    Trek Fuel EX 9 (2012)
    Trek Superfly AL Elite (2013)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaf View Post
    Maxxis Ardent in 2.2 and 2.4 and Crossmarks in 2.1 come in a 29er UST. They're the only ones I know of so far that actually are UST in every way, rather than just Tubeless ready.
    Actually just the Ardent 29x2.25 and CrossMark 29x2.1 are available in UST (LUST). Ardent

To the OP: Most manufacturers' tubeless ready offerings have a UST-spec bead. Kenda is one notable exception, though.
    Tire Design & Development Engineer. The opinions expressed in this forum are solely my own.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    How would I know if tubeless ready actually has the bead without the designation?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BikeThePlanet View Post
    How would I know if tubeless ready actually has the bead without the designation?
    Good question. I think the only manufacturers that don't use a UST-spec bead on their tubeless ready tires are Kenda and Continental.
    Tire Design & Development Engineer. The opinions expressed in this forum are solely my own.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 05kas05 View Post
    I roll some schwalbe hans dampf 29x2.35 on my surly ogre tubelss on stans flow ex and they have been working great
    +1
    The HD's have been the most trouble free, sticky shoes I've ever worn. Still use Stan's though.

change is good
    Sep 2004

UST 29er Tires?

I have a Spec GC that is UST tubeless. The Geax TNT is technically tubeless ready, but the casings are so thick they essentially become tubeless with a one time scoop of Stan's.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    fwiw been running the UST Crossmark 2.1 for 14+ mos on my ss without so much as a drop of Stan's. The only time it losses air is when I burb it on a drop or in ruts. I run it rear, 22-19psi depending on the trail, (weight 175lbs w/gear). Have about 1300 miles on now, switched the orientation backwards at about 500 miles, noticeable traction improvement. Almost ready for another... the tread is very worn.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    I've noticed that the Maxxis Ikons are also offered in UST. Ordered some moments ago.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rondigs View Post
    I've noticed that the Maxxis Ikons are also offered in UST. Ordered some moments ago.
    Nope. They are now offered in a tubeless ready version, but not UST. Ikon