I got an offer for a new set of Reynolds 29er Carbon wheels for a tempting price. The seller got them together with his Cannondale F29 but has another wheel set. (I will need a 142x12 axle, we are working on this)
I have a Cannondale Scalpel Alloy 3 and are really tempted to upgrade the wheels. The key points for the upgrade are:
- Weight loss: I think I can lose around a pound vs. the stock Inferno25 wheel set
- Stiffness: Well here I am not so sure if that is what my problem is. I very often get sort of a ďlateral moveĒ of the bike at high speeds, like the bike shifting to the left/right for no apparent reason or bumpsÖ Secondly, when cornering the bike sometimes feels a bit wobbly, or I feel it even a bit hard to get the bike into cornering. I am not an experienced rider (it's my first 29er) but it sounds like it could be the very often cited lack of stiffness of the big wheels vs 26ers where I never felt that way.
Question to the community:
- Would you think that the second point would be addressed by the Carbon wheels?
- I weigh 190-195 lbs w/o clothes, I believe thatís well within the limits of the wheels? My riding environment is rocky trails. I donít do any crazy drops.
- Any negative experience with going tubeless on these rims?
- Any reason why this upgrade would not be a good idea? (other than the bad customer service experienced in a separate thread)
Results 1 to 2 of 2
Check out the hottest mountain bike products from these brands!
See All Interbike Coverage - Click Here »