mtbr member
    Oct 2013

Tutorial: Selfmade Remote Lockout Fox Float 29 RL

I was really interested in different selfmade remote lockout systems on the Internet. Unfortunately nobody really explained the best technique to build a system on your own. So I decided to get as many information from the internet and build a remote lockout on my own.
    I hope it will help you. Good luck

Remote Lockout Fox Float 29 RL - YouTube

language: German
    subtitles: english

Please comment on it.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Very clever, never thought of using a compression spring. I'll have to look and see if I can do something similar.

mtbr member
    FWIW, you must not have looked very hard. There are 13 pages on this forum- several with very explicit instructions of how to build for both the RL and RLC models. Your solution is awesome, by the way- not giving you grief for that at all- but there are other tutorials and some good info in this thread: Remote Lockout Fox RL
    "There are two kinds of mountain bikers in the world: those who are faster than me, and me."

ballbuster
    Neeto. Back when I had a K2 Razorback (like, 2003 or so... great bike), it was equipped with a Noleen rear push shock that had a lockout lever. I found a friction downtube shifter from the bike parts recycling shop and rigged it up like a thumb shifter. I used that for the lockout lever. Worked great!

BTW, I found one of those Fox rear shock lockout lever kits back in the day. Man, that thing is complicated, and tough to install. I think I paid like $15 for it off craigslist, but never got around to fully installing it. I messed with it a bit, but gave up. They are out there, but hard to find. Cannondale also used a similar shock remote kit that is supposedly better.