mtbr member
    Feb 2011

Tubeless kit for anthem x4. With s-xc 2?

I have an anthem x4 Far from stock other than the rims...s-xc 2rims. Looking to go tubeless with my stock rims and maxxis ardent 2.25 on the front and rear. Anyone used the Stan's flow kit? Much fuss?

mtbr member
    I've thought about it, but haven't done it. My shop did the conversion for a customer and said it was pretty easy, and seems to work well so far, for what that's worth. They ARE a Giant dealer, and the bike wasn't an Anthem but it did have S-XC2's on it.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Use the yellow tape and stans valves and you will be fine.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    You can definitely go the ghetto tubeless route using tubes.

I have a 2011 Anthem 29er X3 that came with SXC-2 wheels. I have upgraded the wheels and put the SXC-2 wheels on my Redline Monocog. I use the Monocog to commute to work and ride single track when I want a SS workout.

It's pretty easy to do:
    1) 26" tube, air up a bit, place on rim, cut in half
    2) Use soapy water to wash all the white powder off
    3) Place tire on wheel with about a 3" opening
    4) Pour in sealant (I used Stans about 2oz)
    5) Seat tire on rim, inflate (I use a compressor),use plenty of soapy water around the bead
    6) Do the shimmy shake Stans method once tire is aired up
    7) Cut off extra tube on the sides and you are done.

I've been riding the SXC-2 wheels like this for about 3 weeks with zero problems (about 350 miles so far).

Rod
    Endorphin Junkie
    I recommend gorilla tape instead of tubes if you go the ghetto route. I have done this and it has worked on every rim I have tried. There are videos on how to do this.
    There is not much choice between rotten apples.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    this work for any rim?
    The 26" tube after cuted half is wider than the rim... should i cut the excess?

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Yes. Cut the excess.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    gorilla tape
    Giant XTC 2 29er
    KHS Flagstaff 29er FS
    Neon Bow Trials Bike
    Norco Fluid 9.2 29er FS
    Norco BIGFOOT FATTY

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Don`t mean to jack this thread but does anyone know the brand name of the new style of tubeless conv that just has dot patches instead of rim tape?

mtbr member
    Stan's flow rim strips work!

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    gorilla tape... split tube is kinda pointless as , well, you still have the tube, and the rim tape... replace the rim tape with gorilla tape, get a stem and be done.

also with the split tube if you do get a flat you have to completely pull the tire, get the split tube out, carry it around after.. messy pain in the butt. with gorilla you get a split or something where you have to put a tube in all you have to do is pop one side of the bead, pull the tiny stem out and slap a tube in.. plus you only have the little stem in your pocket to carry out.

Less weight, less issues.. more fun riding..
    Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    What thomllama said.
    I have converted the S-XC rims using gorilla tape, some tires went perfect, some finally aired up and set the bead after several attempts and some failed. Never got the Crossmarks to work on the S-XC but they worked fine on Stan's rims.