the mountian is within
    Nov 2004

TrailKing 2.2 0r 2.4 in black chili-anyone ridden them yet?

I think the 2.2's are available now-so somebody measure and compare. And some ride reports. Also,anyone seen an Ardent SC? Thanks in advance!
    Bz
    i own a bikeshop in WV thetruewheelwv.com

ready to ride
    Not exactly answering your question, but I have the Mountain King II in the Black Chili, it is a little bit smaller than advertised but its still pretty beefy probably around 2.35. I ran it up front for a few rides and really like it. I have seen the Trail king mounted and it appears to be about the same size. I was going to get Trail King but wanted to try the On One Chunky Monkey so the MK is on the rear. I like it back there as well. Several hundred miles on it and no sign of wear.

I rode the rubber queen/trail kings on bike this past fall and thought they did great. I don't recall if they were the black chili or not. Given my experience with the MKs I would estimate they are a very good tire. They used to get some bad reviews but I think those were not the black chili flavor made in Germany. A friend I ride with often has the 26x2.4 and he loves them. I will say the 26" appear more than 2.4 where as the 29 seem a bit less. At the end of the day they still grip great.

Hope that helps

When and if you order make sure you get the one with the "ProTection" as they are the ones made in Germany and made with the Black Chili compound. Their website has a full listing of models so you can be clear.
    Continental Bicycle -*Rubber Queen/Trail King
    Sent via my heady vibes from the heart of Pisgahstan

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    I've got the TK 2.4's and they seem to work well. I've got mostly snow riding on them though. They sure do look sexy on my bike.

compared to 2.1 Kenda Small Block 8s

mtbr member
    OP: are you able to get the true tubeless version of these tires, or the folding type?
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮