mtbr member
    Mar 2012

Tire Clearance: Reba RLT Ti vs Revelation

I currently have a Reba RLT Ti set at 140mm. I've read that the Revelation has more tire clearance. I don't necessarily need more clearance for the setup I have at the moment, but I'm curious how significant the difference is? Anyone seen both of them?

mtbr member
    From reading the forums, people seem to rub at times with the 2.4 Ardent and the Reba, with the Revelation there's ample clearance (looking at mine now).

mtbr member
    May 2011
    i have both those forks and the rev has more space.i know thats not too objuective but thats all i can offer right now.i run sugaro 2.25 on the reba and rampage 2.35 on the revand the rev has more room around the tire

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Any chance anyone has photos.. perhaps with Ardents in a Revelation?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ShralpSauce View Post
    Any chance anyone has photos.. perhaps with Ardents in a Revelation?
    Here's the best I can offer at the moment, just dropped off my bike at the LBS today.

But here's the 2012 Revelation fork and 2.4 Ardent front tire from a stock Kona Honzo picture that I blew up and made brighter to see it. Ample clearance like I said.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Lots of room! I'm contemplating whether or not i should sell my Reba and get a Revelation. Planning to run 2.2-2.3 most of the season, but during the wet season I'd like to run 2.4 Purgatorys or the 2.3 Hans Dampf and im afraid those may rub.

Anyone have experience with those tires in the Reba? Looks like the issues with the 2.4 Ardents are with the off-set lowers. Wonder if they rub with centered lowers..

Workin for the weekend!
    2.35 Nevegal rubs on my Reba RLT occasionally... The tire is oversized, not typical of most 2.35's.

Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!
    Quote Originally Posted by -Todd- View Post
    2.35 Nevegal rubs on my Reba RLT occasionally... The tire is oversized, not typical of most 2.35's.
    26"? I didn't know they made a 2.35" 29er Nevegal.

My Reba fits my 2.2 Nevegals and my 2.35" rampage (narrower than the 2.2 Nevagal) without issue.