mtbr member

Suspension fork for my Deadeye?

I'm looking to upgrade my Exotic Carbon fork on my Deadeye to some squish. I've had zero issues with my carbon fork, but my local IMBA chapter is starting a racing series and the trails are heavy on the roots.

So, I'm trying to decide what travel to get and what fork. The Deadeye came with a 465mm A-C rigid fork. I believe that is 80mm, but thinking about 100mm as well. What would be the best bet?

Also my budget is around $400 and I want as light as possible in this range. I'm currently looking at the 2 forks below...

Manitou Tower Pro

Rockshox Reba Dual air

Open for other suggestions as well.

mtbr member
    Hmm...never thought of the Dawes Deadeye as a bike I'd ever want to race given its nearly 8# girth for a size 19" (I weighed the frame I had!)

Seems like $400 would be better spent on a lighter frame like an On One (even the Inbred steel would be at least 2# lighter) and some light, large volume tires for a little extra squish.

mtbr member
    I have the 17" frame and it sits around 26lbs with my parts now.

Already running a 2.4 purgatory on the front and a 2.2 wolverine in the back. Even with the front at 20psi...the roots still kill me.

mtbr member
    I see, well either is a good fork. I've owned a Reba RLT and it was reliable and easy to tune. I've owned Manitou forks in the past and have always liked their TPC dampers so I don't think you could go wrong there either.

mtbr member
    I've only raced one race...so I'm not talking elite class racing. The fork is basically to help me keep up.