mtbr member
    Jan 2014

Suspension fork to fit Carbon 29er

Hello,

I build myself a carbon MTB about a year ago and it is running like a dream however, I would like to try a bit of suspension in the front since it is running on the carbon fixed folks at the moment.

The spec of my frame has the following - Head tube : Tapered (Headset : 1-1/8" down:1-1/2") - LTK023-29er

I am looking at the RockShox Revelation RL 29" Dual Air (1.5 to 1-1/8" tapered) since its on sale and looks like a good match. Do you know if this might fit the frame.

Revelation RL | SRAM

Apologies if this has already been answered in the forum. A lot came up when I searched it.

Thanks
    Al

mtbr member
    The fork will fit the frame but the 29" version is available only with a minimum of 120mm. of travel. You had better check if that is not too long for the frame.
    The trouble with having an open mind is that people will insist on trying to put things in it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Thanks Ronnie. I figured it should fit. Suppose what do I have to lose? .well $500 I suppose .!... Will give it a try

Thanks again

Al

Formerly of Kent
    Quote Originally Posted by carboncrazy View Post
    Thanks Ronnie. I figured it should fit. Suppose what do I have to lose? .well $500 I suppose .!... Will give it a try

Thanks again

Al
    There's a 5000+ post thread in the 29er Bikes forum about Chinese carbon frames. You might find that helpful, as you'll be able to see what most other people are using.

And, that frame is designed to use an 80-100mm fork.

The White Jeff W
    Put a 80mm-100mm Reba on that bike! Less than $400 shipped in Aussie money

Rockshox Reba RL 29er Forks - 2013 | Merlin Cycles
    No moss...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by carboncrazy View Post
    Hello,

I build myself a carbon MTB about a year ago and it is running like a dream however, I would like to try a bit of suspension in the front since it is running on the carbon fixed folks at the moment.

The spec of my frame has the following - Head tube : Tapered (Headset : 1-1/8" down:1-1/2") - LTK023-29er

I am looking at the RockShox Revelation RL 29" Dual Air (1.5 to 1-1/8" tapered) since its on sale and looks like a good match. Do you know if this might fit the frame.

Revelation RL | SRAM

Apologies if this has already been answered in the forum. A lot came up when I searched it.

Thanks
    Al
    I had that same frame and agree that a 80mm fork would be your best bet. It will steer closer to your current rigid fork. 100 would be the max travel for that bike.

There are all kinds of deals right now for Fox and Rockshox forks.

Enjoy!