mtbr member
    Dec 2009

Suntour Epicon or Axion 29er

Someone ride these forks? Suntour looks awesome with carbon crown, elwtronic lockouts.... Many infos?

Enviado de meu GT-P1000L usando o Tapatalk 2

CS2
    mtbr member
    For those who have actually used the Epicon they get very good reviews. I did a Google search and came up with this.
    SR Suntour Axon Werx 26 RL-RC, Epicon X1 29 RL-RC and Other 2012 Forks | MTBR Interbike Coverage
    Good luck
    1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1992 Stumpjumpers. 1995 Waterford 1200, 1999 Waterford RSE, plus a garage full of steel frames.

mtbr member
    I have the Epicon RLD on both bikes. One is set at 120 and the other is at 100. I have been happy with both. Pretty much set it, and forget it.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    On suntour site has many 29er forks... It's hard to find to sell.. Anyone seen to sell these new models?

mtbr member
    Built two Ninerís up back in November and December of 2011 and installed the Epicon on both builds. Iíve got both set at 100mm of travel and for the most part have been very happy with them. For the price and the fact they have a 15mm through axle there pretty light . I did put some fork oil in the lowers to help with lubrications. A few areas that fall short in my opinion, they could be a bit more progressive in there compression. I also really dislike the cheap plastic compression/lock out lever. The indexing is very poor and itís easy to hit while riding and change the setting. Suntour should re-design this with no lever and simply a knob made of aluminum. The through axle is a really cool design and works very well. However if youíre running a convertible hub thereís an issue! With convertible hubs the inside of the hub itself is 20mm, therefore when you go to remove the axle with 15mm adapters the axle locking piece expands once it passes through the 1st adapter and springs open and canít pass through the 2nd adapter without inserting something to press on the end of the axle to release it. Iíve made some release tools that I keep in my car and garage. Only downfall is if I have an issue on the trail Iím screwed. If your running a true 15mm hub than this is not an issue. Iíve currently got just over 700 miles on one of the forks and itís performed very well. I will tell you I talked with the folks at Suntour about the forks and they have not only been very helpful but also very prompt in their responses. For that I give them an A++++. So at the end of the day would I buy the Epicon again?? Yep compared to the cost of a Fox or Rock Shox, you canít go wrong.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Great review! Where do you buy? How much cost?

mtbr member
    Picked up the first off Craigs list belive it or not. Guy had won it in a raffel and had no use for it. Paid $130 as I recall. 2nd fork I bought direct from the Suntour rep out of Washington. A friend of mine purchased hisn off ebay and I beleive his came out of China. Try sending an e-mail to customer service at Suntour in the US

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tailwaters View Post
    However if youíre running a convertible hub thereís an issue! With convertible hubs the inside of the hub itself is 20mm, therefore when you go to remove the axle with 15mm adapters the axle locking piece expands once it passes through the 1st adapter and springs open and canít pass through the 2nd adapter without inserting something to press on the end of the axle to release it.
    FWIW, I use Stan's ZTR hubs which use a 15mm converter, and I don't have the above issue.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    I download 2013 catalog and for my surprise has a axon 29er carbon lowers with impressive weight 1550g for tapered steer. The epicon had around 1750g.. Axon has a eletronic lockout version with 50.000 actuations per battery lifetime... In bikerumor site was preview of carbon steer, crown and lowers for axon and epicon awesome version... The price msrp around +1100 usd

Send from Tapatalk via GalaxyTab

mtbr member
    The Carbon Werx Axon is a PRO rider made only fork. We do not offer it for consumer level at this time. Production is limited to 100 units. I know Eurobike vendors/dealers were offered this fork but it was to celebrate Julie B's Olympic and World's medals.

My Stock Epicon 29er comes in at 1628 w/ a Ti Qloc.
    SR Suntour warranty/technical advisor

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    I receiced answer from suntour and it's possible custom order to made a carbon model.. Takes 1 to 1,5 months to take one...

Send from Tapatalk via GalaxyTab