Thread: Street tire

mtb

Street tire

What would be a good 29er street Tire(no road bike tires) that is also tubeless. Something similar to the microknobs.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by aintnothang View Post
    What would be a good 29er street Tire(no road bike tires) that is also tubeless. Something similar to the microknobs.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    There are no tubeless non-knobby tires other than road race types (which are made to a different tubeless standard than mtb tubeless tires).
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    There are those who have used Big Apples tubeless, seems to have worked according to them.
    The ridiculousness of cycling clothes increase exponentially in relation to the distance from your bicycle.

Kenatay
    Jan 2010
    aintnothang - I am a big proponent of tubeless and run such on all my off-road wheel set ups but when I put together a Fargo for commuting, I went to a slime type tube so I could get more air pressure. I don't think you're going to get the tire pressure you need with a slick going conventional tubeless - I may be wrong but I've blown too many off bead once I push pressure over 40psi. I am using Big Apples (smaller size 29 x 2.00) on Stans Flows and they are by no means a road tire but can pump them up to a tad over 60 psi and they are road-bike tire hard. Outside tire width on this setup is right at 48mm and on country roads with poor asphalt and pot holes tire works sweet without sacrificing a lot of speed. Most of the flats I get on roads are from small pieces of wire and other such puntures and these will seal up just fine with punture resistant tubes plus you can get the tire pressure you need/want.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    I've been running Stans Crows as an all around tire for over two years. These things look stupid but never fail to preform. 75psi. on the road, 28-32psi on the trail. At about 445grams they are hard to beat.