Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20
    just ride
    Oct 2006
    Deleted...
    Last edited by Tjay; 05-31-2013 at 11:37 PM.

mtbr member
    After just two rides, it's time to trade out the gripshifter for the trigger shifter. Here's why:

1) The reach adjust on the Avid Elixir R levers interferes with the gripshifter causing the brake lever not to reach in front of the hand grip like it should. One finger braking is all I get on that side. I spoke with Avid and they suggested I purchase an "internals Kit" that changes out the large reach adjust knob for something smaller. That is a possible solution to the reach issue but I'd have to order the kit and rebuild the lever with the new parts and that still wouldn't resolve the next two problems I'm having.

2) Reaching to the inside of the grip and twisting just isn't a natural movement for me.

3) In general I think SRAM made the grip too long, I have wide bars on my bike but the feel narrow since I need to choke up on the bars to keep part of my hand on the grip shift.

4) I know I would eventually learn but I keep downshifting when I want to upshift and vice-versa.

So I've already ordered a trigger shifter and will sell my almost new grip shifter. Once I install the trigger shifter I will be able to move the brake lever where it needs to be and start using my fingers to shift instead of twisting my wrist. I think switching over to the trigger will make the XX1 a perfect fit.
    Last edited by Epic_Dude; 06-02-2013 at 06:30 PM.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20