Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I have an XO T2 on my Jet RDO and it works perfectly. In fact I am running mine 1X with a MRP 28T front (Sram XO crank) and 11/34 XT 10Sp cassette with no chain guide and it works great.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Yeah its an intriguing system, i worry though, 11 gears how many times will the hanger need to be straightened per year?

Carbon & Ti rule
    At least as many as you wack it.

Quote Originally Posted by DYard View Post
    Yeah its an intriguing system, i worry though, 11 gears how many times will the hanger need to be straightened per year?

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    No probs what so ever on my full suss Marin Mount Vision. Drivetrain is absolutly quiet even when going through the suspension.

mtbr member

Cool-blue Rhythm

Hey guys I will install the XX1 in my stumpy 2013! I love hills and use a lot the 26/36 chain position I want to know which chainring I will need to have the same ratio??? I'm thinking in the 30t

mtbr member

Carbon & Ti rule
    I am running the 30 on front of my Rip9 RDO & it's very close to the 26/36

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by muzzanic View Post
    Yeah I will order with the 30t chainring looks like is the best for high and long distance hills the 28t will be too small for flats in marathon races

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Can I ask users what they think of the chainset? I'm considering one for use with a 1X10 Shimano set up, they seem like amazing value all things considered. The only thing holding me back is using SRAM with Shimano from a aesthetic/continuity point of view. Its either this or wait a bit for the new rings coming out from the different manufacturers and mount on a regular pair of cranks.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiser2 View Post
    Can I ask users what they think of the chainset? I'm considering one for use with a 1X10 Shimano set up, they seem like amazing value all things considered. The only thing holding me back is using SRAM with Shimano from a aesthetic/continuity point of view. Its either this or wait a bit for the new rings coming out from the different manufacturers and mount on a regular pair of cranks.
    wolftoothcomponents.com

I'm running their 30T 104 BCD ring on XT cranks, and I love it so far. Very quiet and no chain drops so far, including a couple of crashes.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    hillharman do you have any pics of your set up? This is one of the alternatives I had in mind. (Turbines the other)

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    hillharman do you have any pics of your set up? This is one of the alternatives I had in mind. (Turbines the other)
    Not at the moment. I'll try to remember to snap some pics when I get home.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Here is a pic and intro for the Wolf Tooth ring: First Look: Wolf Tooth Components Drop-Stop chainring | Bike198

Only have about 20-30 off road miles on it so far, but loving it. No chain drops at all.

-Tom

mtbr member
    I'm already setup with the full XX1 drivetrain, but it's interesting to see all the manufacturers that are announcing and producing their own version of the XX1 style/ narrow-wide chainrings:

Sram XX1 Aftermarket Chain Rings

Why Do We Need or Want Aftermarket XX1 Chain Rings?
    Photos from mountain biking in Nepal:
    bideshibiker.blogspot.com

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Rings are also coming from Works Components, Absolute Black and Goldtec.

mtbr member
    Rings are also coming from Works Components, Absolute Black and Goldtec.
    Thanks! I updated the article, but I can't find any information about the Goldtec offerings. Do you have a link?
    Photos from mountain biking in Nepal:
    bideshibiker.blogspot.com

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Sorry no, the Goldtec one is just forum chatter at the moment. But people have been in contact with them and they are imminent AFAIK. Drop them a mail I believe they are very good with comms.

mtbr member
    Guys Guys!! check this out in the 4:05 this vid shows the Emily's bike with the xx1 group but with x0 cranks!!!!!! woow maybe u can install a xx1 spider in x0 crank

SRAM XX 1 - CHAPTER 4: CROSS COUNTRY - YouTube

I will have my XX1 group in one week so nervous... Im riding my road bike every day to stay focused

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Sram's New XX1 Group

^
    Yes, you can but Sram isn't selling the spider.

I was going to call my LBS and tell them I bent my XX1 spider and to order a replacement. Do you think they would supply one?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Adroit Rider View Post
    ^

I was going to call my LBS and tell them I bent my XX1 spider and to order a replacement. Do you think they would supply one?
    Oh yeah maybe!! But could be a Sram strategy not sell that spiders because everyone will buy x0 cranks and will install their xx1 group!!! that x0 cranks in the vid are awesome in that color!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    My ďnew to meĒ aluminum Jet 9 is currently equipped with a standard X9 2x10 set-up with the only exception being an XO rear shifter. This is my first 29er, as well as, my first 2X10 group. The shifting is somewhat inconsistent and loud. Overall it seems rather sluggish compared to my old XT 26er.

Iím looking for an upgrade in shifting action and noise reduction. My LBS guy recommends the XX1 package. Iíve read most every article available but havenít found much specific to the aluminum Jet 9. Also, Q-factor is a choice that I need to make if I decide on this group set.

Anyone running XX1 group on an aluminum Jet 9? If so, Iíd be interested to know about your experience with it. At 46 Iím mostly into the fitness associated with XC riding. My local trails are fairly easy. Iím doing about 10 miles in just under an hour and ride about 60 miles per week.

Thanks,

~Reformed Mechanic~
    Quote Originally Posted by muzzanic View Post
    Man im getting behind the ball these days... Muzz your retiring bikes that many still cant get their hands on by the time I get around to updating my drivetrain... sheesh
    I do all my own stunts, but never intentionally...

Carbon & Ti rule
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace5high View Post
    Man im getting behind the ball these days... Muzz your retiring bikes that many still cant get their hands on by the time I get around to updating my drivetrain... sheesh
    Retiring ? I'm looking at or bikes & theres's 7 Niners & 6 others.

maybe I do need to sell some.

JDZ
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Adroit Rider View Post
    ^

I have a spider for sale if you're interested.

classifieds.mtbr.com/showproduct.php?product=85209&title=sram-xx1-spider-and-32t-chainring-new-takeoffs&cat=12

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by andresco50 View Post
    Oh yeah maybe!! But could be a Sram strategy not sell that spiders because everyone will buy x0 cranks and will install their xx1 group!!! that x0 cranks in the vid are awesome in that color!!
    If you really like your crankset or don't want to shell out for an XX1, this is always an option
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...7987558&type=1
    wolftoothcomponents.com

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast