Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Apr 2006

SRAM XX1 freehub compatable

Just picked up a new carbon Evolve today.Have just received new XX1 group.Problem is no freehubs are yet available for either my stan's crest wheelset or my American classic race wheelset.Any ideas?Who has freehub's availabe.

mtbr member
    DT has a XX1 freehub body
    Former bicycle mechanic for 8 years, current soil scientist.

Blog

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by global View Post
    Who has freehub's availabe.
    SRAM (no kidding)
    DT Swiss
    Hope

Other than that I don't know.

Chris King certainly don't and probably won't ever, the XX1 body goes right through where the freehub body's needle bearing sits, can't see that changing in a hurry.

29er
    Apr 2010
    i9 annonced xx1
    stans no tubes

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    American Classic is slated to have one soon. Call them and find out.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Called American classic and stans both say first of the year.I'm thinking may just buy some X9's to use for a month or so until A/C's are out.

Keep on Rockin...

Ck

Quote Originally Posted by Fix the Spade View Post
    SRAM (no kidding)
    DT Swiss
    Hope

Other than that I don't know.

Chris King certainly don't and probably won't ever, the XX1 body goes right through where the freehub body's needle bearing sits, can't see that changing in a hurry.
    Another reason to keep my current drivetrains going and wait until Shimano comes out with a set up that does NOT require a hub overhaul.
    Last edited by Miker J; 12-01-2012 at 07:20 AM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    French distributor said me ... end of February 2013 ....

Carbon & Ti rule
    I have just been out on my bike with XX1 & with my 10speed wheels I with a tune of gears it was changing fine in the 1st 9 gears & just a little slow into 10th which should tune out on a good ride, I have only played in front of the house as I'm baby sitting at the moment but will report back after a good ride.

This could be an option for someone building a new bike & have to wait for a free hub.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Thanks Muzzanic I'll give that a try.I think we are both waiting on that Niner RIP/RDO.Thought I'd give the carbon Evolve a try while I wait. Still have my RDO

Carbon & Ti rule
    Thanks Muzzanic I'll give that a try.I think we are both waiting on that Niner RIP/RDO.Thought I'd give the carbon Evolve a try while I wait. Still have my RDO
    Yes I'm looking forward to getting the Rip9 RDO, I will be interesting to see how much if any pedaling it will give up to the Jet9 RDO.

My Rip9 alloy was as fast as my Jet9 Alloy on most tracks but the Rip9 was much faster than the Jet9 on many tracks, If that makes sence.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I'm thinking it will be very close to jet9 but adding a bit to the down.Setting up with Sid 120 and float 140.I'll let you know what I think of the Evolve when it's done.Mainly bought because I enjoyed my Epiphany when I rode 26ers

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Superior TEAM 29
    Canyon Ultimate CF SLX

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    I know that Mavic is supposed to be releasing an XX1 compatible freehub. I keep reading that it will be ready sometime in January. Anyone have more insight to Mavic's actual progress on releasing it??? I am building up a bike with the XX1 drivetrain and some 2013 Mavic Crossmax SLR's and can't complete the build until the freehub is available.

mtbr member
    circus monkey has one

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Does anyone know if I have to wait for Mavic to release their version of the freebody or if I can just purchase one from Circus Monkey and it will fit my Mavic Crossmax SLR Hubs? Basically, can I mix and match freebodys to Mavic hubs???

mtbr member
    Just picked up a new carbon Evolve today.Have just received new XX1 group.Problem is no freehubs are yet available for either my stan's crest wheelset or my American classic race wheelset.Any ideas?Who has freehub's availabe.
    FWI, Here's the link for Stans: XD Freehub XX1

Stans said these should be available in about 2 weeks!
    Single Track Rules!

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Mavic XX1 freehub bodies should be shipping by mid-February. 2-3 weeks from now. You might want to pre-order from a Mavic dealer as I have heard these will be popular.

As far as I know, there is no aftermarket freehub body that will fit our ITS-4 rear hubs. It's gotta be the Mavic part.
    Mavic Zack

Mavic USA Communications Guy
    www.mavic.com
    http://www.facebook.com/mavic

Ricky
    Nov 2008
    Too late .. but that freehub is for a 135mm qr frame ... his evolve is a 12x142 axle

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by maviczack View Post
    Mavic XX1 freehub bodies should be shipping by mid-February. 2-3 weeks from now. You might want to pre-order from a Mavic dealer as I have heard these will be popular.
    Is there any update on when the Mavic XX1 freehub will be available? My bikeshop said they have no information and are unable to place a preorder. The Mavic Facebook post on Feb 1st said they'd be in bike shops mid-February. I'm trying to decide if I should wait or build up a new set of wheels and sell my Crossmax SLR's.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    The Mavic XX1 freehub bodies are shipping in France. I believe that our order for the USA inventory is placed, but that usually means a good 3-4 weeks to get across the water and into warehouses. I will double check and try to get back to you. thanks for your patience. ..
    Mavic Zack

Mavic USA Communications Guy
    www.mavic.com
    http://www.facebook.com/mavic

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by maviczack View Post
    The Mavic XX1 freehub bodies are shipping in France. I believe that our order for the USA inventory is placed, but that usually means a good 3-4 weeks to get across the water and into warehouses. I will double check and try to get back to you. thanks for your patience. ..
    Thanks for the update. My bike shop informed me that their XX1 freehub order shipped this past week from Mavic USA. So I should have this coming week. Great news as I wanted to keep my Mavic wheels.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by MondoRock View Post
    Thanks for the update. My bike shop informed me that their XX1 freehub order shipped this past week from Mavic USA. So I should have this coming week. Great news as I wanted to keep my Mavic wheels.
    MondoRock, please tell me the name of your bike shop... i going to Us in 2 weeks and need to buy a xx1 free hub.

tks

André

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Plano Cycling and Fitness

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Who is interested in a custom made XX1 XD driver body that's compatible with Shimano hubs if I make some up? I'm planning to make it for my Shimano XT 785 hub that currently has an XTR titanium FHB.

This would make switching to XX1 just a simple freehub swap, not an investment in new hubs/wheels.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast