mtbr member

Specialized Roval Control Trail 29

Anyone has any experience with those wheels? Looking for feedback, let me know.
    They are stock on some of the Specialized lines and their weights are not too bad but I am concerned about their quality and durability.
    Thanks

mtbr member
    I have not had any issues with a set I am borrowing so far. And I am not a gentle rider...they are robust!

Always Learning
    Quote Originally Posted by Backwoodsguy View Post
    Anyone has any experience with those wheels? Looking for feedback, let me know.
    They are stock on some of the Specialized lines and their weights are not too bad but I am concerned about their quality and durability.
    Thanks
    I've got a pair of them with one full year under my belt training and racing on the Rovals. I bought them at the end of October 2011. I really like them and have not encountered any issues with them in season one. I'm about 185 all geared up and have had no problems to date. I especially like the ability to easily convert the front hub between the front axle options so I can use the wheels on more than one of my bikes. I've used them on my RIP 9, my JET 9 and my Dos Niner for races this year with a simple 5 second conversion between 15mm TA and 9mm QR.

On my JET...

JET profile 2012

On the RIP...

RovaledRIP

1520g with tape and valves...

Roval Trail SL's on the scale - 1520g

BB