T , V , & K Rider
    Nov 2004

So is the Fox 32 Float 120 mm too wimpy for a...

....... tall rider between 215 to 230 lbs depending on riding gear for trail riding ? I would be interested in the tapered steerer tube and 15 mm TA version and I already have the Fox 34 for another bike for more tech use ! Thanks ! TIG.
    " A way to a deep freedom " - Tarja

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Nah, i'ts beefier than the RS stuff. When I first got my bike I was 220ish with full gear and could (XC) chuck it just fine. Never went to lift-serviced DH stuff tho. Regardless, should be fine.

My problem with the fork (still is) was not getting full travel out of it. That last 3/4" might as well not exist.

usually cranky
    ^i agree, the 32 somehow looks bigger than the rev in real life. rides fine too.

Bikes!
    I manage just fine on my Float 120 on my Orange Gyro, no noticeable flex and I'm weighing about the same as you too.
    2014 Yeti SB95c
    2014 Trek Stache 8
    2014 Intense Tracer 275
    2013 Trek CrossRip Elite

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by b-kul View Post
    ^i agree, the 32 somehow looks bigger than the rev in real life. rides fine too.
    You should see the Revelation 29er compared to the Fox 34. Like a SID next to a Lyrik. Although I remember my Revelation being closer to 4 lbs vs 5 lbs on the Fox 34.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    The 32 will be fine for trail riding. You'll notice the difference between the 32 and your 34, but it will not be world-changing for moderate trail riding.

I had a 34 on my xc/race bike for awhile, then switched back. The noticeable plus of the 32 is the significantly lower weight up front really makes the bike feel more nimble. Surprised me how much I felt this.

Finally, note that for a given travel, the 32 is about a half inch shorter AC than the 34.
    The drive towards achievement and success is the motive power of civilization.

T , V , & K Rider
    Nov 2004

Since I already have the Fox 34 for another bike !

Yes , a bit lighter weight , more nimble feel , and I figure the tapered steerer & 15 mm TA should help give enough support for this fork to be good for general trail/xc duties and then some , thanks all ! It'll be nice to have a little variety in the quiver , Kiitos ! TIG.
    " A way to a deep freedom " - Tarja