mtbr member
    Feb 2011

RS Reverb hydraulic seatpost

OK, so maybe it not just a 29er component but I really need help with this.

I wanna buy a Reverb for my M (17.5") Rumblefish.

According to SRAM website, the 125 mm travel is offered with 380mm or 420mm seatpost length.

QUESTION #1
    Will the 380mm length gonna be fine for my M size bike or should I buy the 420mm (a tad heavier, might suit bigger frames?).

Went to my LBS the other day and saw the Reverb in the box. All I could see is the seatpost length (380mm) and diameter (31.6mm) but not the seatpost travel.

My LBS tried to help but even he wasn't sure about the travel, since it's not written anywhere - not on the seatpost and not on it's box.

QUESTION #2
    Is there any way for me to know if that 380mm/31.6mm I saw in the box has a 100mm or 125mm travel? Is there any code/sign that tells the difference?

Thanks a lot, Mo.

mtbr member
    Why not ask to take it out if the box and try it out? My LBS did that for me, he compress the post with his hands while i activated the lever.

Carbon & Ti rule
    Measure the top part of the post shaft.

If your bike shop couldn't work that out I would be finding another bike shop,
    Last edited by muzzanic; 11-08-2012 at 03:28 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by muzzanic View Post
    Measure the top part of the post shart.

If your bike shop couldn't work that out I would be finding another bike shop,

+1 on this

Regarding the length of the post I'd opt for the longer of the two and take the slight weight penalty. It gives you more options if you want to change frames and swap parts around...with seat tube lengths varying as much as they do. It really sucks to switch frames only to find out your expensive dropper post is just a bit too short to get the correct saddle height for your new frame.