mtbr member

Romin EVO.... or evo pro?? mtb??

Anyone here have tried the ROMIN EVO saddle in mtb? is not too light but is lighter than the phenom and the Romin evo have more padding!! And the pro model with carbon rails could help in bumpy roads?? I weight 62kg

Sim
    mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    I put a Romin Evo Expert on my singlespeed. I only have 2 rides with it on this bike,but it has been on my road bike since May. So far I think it works better than any other saddle I have used on my mtb. I need a saddle with a cutout and the Romin has one of the widest channels.

mtbr member
    Yeah I like the cutout of the romin but I do not trust in the clamp system of my kcnc ti pro so maybe I will buy a romin evo ti rails.

But this EVO model is great for endurance rides???

Sim
    mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    "But this EVO model is great for endurance rides???"

I don't know yet. I just put it on the bike and have 2-2 hour rides on it. I have used a Toupe for
    some 6 hour rides and it was good. This saddle seems better so far, but only a few long rides will really tell.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    After trying a bunch of saddles in the quest for the holy A@@ Groove, I've settled on a Romin Evo Comp Gel. This is on my road bike which currently lives on a trainer in my basement.

It's the only saddle to date where the important bits didn't go numb after 45 minutes of spinning. I can spin for 2 hours and feel ok afterwards - that would be representative of a much, much longer XC ride. I really like this saddle! The specialized demo saddle was a romin evo expert (not gel) and it was a bit firmer than the Gel. Both are excellent but the Gel is just a bit more soft on the sit bones.

That being said I debated ordering another for my XC bike. In all honesty - I don't think I will bother - I just don't think it will be strong enough. I weigh 80KG and even on my road bike the seat creaks and it's brand new - I just don't think it will handle real world trail abuse.