mtbr member
    Apr 2013

Rockshox Reverb Bleeding.

Question... how often should I bleed the lines? I've noticed when the speed adjuster is set to fast, it actually doesn't go "fast" as it did before. Some days it'll shoot up fast, other days it "lags". Anyone know why this does that? I used a toothbrush to clean the seals so I doubt anything is rubbing onto the poll itself.

Thanks in advance

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    bump

Carbon & Ti rule
    Sounds like it needs a bleed. It is easy to do.

Some of the reverbs never seem to need a bleed & some people I know end up needing to do it every about every 3 or 4 months.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Thanks for the reply. So basically I just drain the oil that's in there already? Recycling the oil is something I shouldn't do correct?

Carbon & Ti rule
    Quote Originally Posted by cabralkev View Post
    Thanks for the reply. So basically I just drain the oil that's in there already? Recycling the oil is something I shouldn't do correct?
    It doesn't seem to get that dirty, but oil is cheap, I just flush it through from the remote to the post & then pump it back & forward through the system with the new oil until I'm sure there is no air left in the system.

Make sure that you have the bleeder at the remote at the highest point to get the air out that end.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    I suppose I'll add a little more oil so I can bleed it again. I'm sure the oil isn't dirty so I'm good. It was back in June when I got it so the oil is clean. After I'm done the bleeding process, can I put back the remaining oil in the jar? Or is that not a good idea?

Thanks again.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Just finished bleeding the system. It seems to work way better now! I turned the speed adjuster fast and slow 4x and bled them on each speed. There was no air in the line so all seems well. Now the seat launches up so fast! Way faster than before. It seems all is well.

I put the remaining oil which was already in the system back into the jar. Hopefully that's okay? I'm not sure if mixing old oil and new oil is bad? The oil in the system may of only been 4 months old, I'm sure that's fine. The oil didn't look dirty when I was bleeding the system.

Thanks for the help.

Carbon & Ti rule
    Quote Originally Posted by cabralkev View Post
    Just finished bleeding the system. It seems to work way better now! I turned the speed adjuster fast and slow 4x and bled them on each speed. There was no air in the line so all seems well. Now the seat launches up so fast! Way faster than before. It seems all is well.

I put the remaining oil which was already in the system back into the jar. Hopefully that's okay? I'm not sure if mixing old oil and new oil is bad? The oil in the system may of only been 4 months old, I'm sure that's fine. The oil didn't look dirty when I was bleeding the system.

Thanks for the help.
    Glad it worked out for you.

Oil doesn't wear out it just gets dirty, So your call.