Thread: Rockshox reverb

mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Rockshox reverb

Not sure which forum this should be in, but thought I'd try here first. I just upgraded my seat post on my Fuel EX 7 to a rockshox reverb at its awesome! It's just a little too high for me and was wondering if I can cut this type of seat? Thanks!

mtbr member

Rockshox reverb

Nope!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2
    '14 Lenz Lunchbox

Now, THAT'S gonna hurt!
    It extends too high? Not totally familiar with the innerds of the Reverb but my Kronolog will accept an internal spacer that reduces it's extension by 20mm (3/4"). Perhaps there's a similar feature on the Reverb?

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Is this seatpost worth the money?? I own a giant xtc composite 29er 3... do these seatposts work well with xc style bikes?

mtbr member

Re: Rockshox reverb

Quote Originally Posted by cabralkev View Post
    Is this seatpost worth the money?? I own a giant xtc composite 29er 3... do these seatposts work well with xc style bikes?
    That's up to you. It's heavy but very convenient. I use mine all the time on the downhill sections and switchbacks.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 2
    '12 Trek Marlin Signature Green
    '13 Santa Cruz Tallboy LT Gulf Blue/Orange

mtbr member

Re: Rockshox reverb

Quote Originally Posted by Oh My Sack! View Post
    It extends too high? Not totally familiar with the innerds of the Reverb but my Kronolog will accept an internal spacer that reduces it's extension by 20mm (3/4"). Perhaps there's a similar feature on the Reverb?
    I don't think you can limit the travel upward, it does have a collar to adjust how much you want to drop the seat though

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 2
    '12 Trek Marlin Signature Green
    '13 Santa Cruz Tallboy LT Gulf Blue/Orange

mtbr member
    Try a flatter saddle.
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Dude, got any schwag?
    Did you get one with 125mm of travel? If so, the 100mm version would be your solution. Or try a more minimalist saddle like Pau11y said.

Quote Originally Posted by stepchow View Post
    Not sure which forum this should be in, but thought I'd try here first. I just upgraded my seat post on my Fuel EX 7 to a rockshox reverb at its awesome! It's just a little too high for me and was wondering if I can cut this type of seat? Thanks!
    Billy

Speed is sweet, it's like an avenue to
    ... Shredtopia!

There's always next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by stepchow View Post
    Depending on what you mean by "a little high," (there are a few possible causes for this) I could see of three options (in rough order of cost). Others have mentioned some of these options as well.
    1) "sit" where you want the highest extension to be as you raise the post. Not perfect by any means (and most likely very annoying), but free.
    2) If you have a saddle that sits "high" off the rails that connect it to the seatpost, you could try a saddle that has a lower height. But that's only going to give you a few millimeters, most likely, so may not be helpful.
    3) Attempt to return the post and get a Reverb that's either the lower travel model (100mm 'travel') or the shorter seatpost--the fixed part. Off the top of head, Reverbs come in 385 and 420mm lengths, so if you have the 420 model, getting a 385mm version could allow you to push more post down into the frame--if that's the issue. If you bought it from your local shop, hopefully they could help you out. Otherwise, maybe try a Reverb trade with another rider.

Quote Originally Posted by cabralkev View Post
    You are the only one that can decide if its worth the money. With that said, in my opinion:
    If you ride generally flat, rolling trails, and you never rise/lower your post, probably not needed.
    If your local trails require you to move around the bike frequently, and have lots of elevation gain/loss, and you rise/lower the post (or would like to) then they are worth a look. Adjustable seatposts require more upkeep (just a fact, no matter what you get), and running the cable can be a pain on frames that don't have the routing, but that's not a major issue. With that said, I love them! I've developed more skills and confidence since riding posts like a Reverb, as getting the post out of the way helps me greatly.

mtbr member
    One more possibility is to slide the saddle a fwd as possible on its rails. The increase in steepness of the seat tube angle has a pretty dramatic effect on BB center to top of saddle length. I also found this to help shift weight fwd when you goto a shorter stem, so the bike doesn't torque-wheelie (as much) when you start to go up steep climbs.
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Carbon & Ti rule
    I got a WTB seat off Niner that is 15mm lower than my normal WTB seat & it still has lots of padding,

Seats are a good place to start.