mtbr member

Rigid fork 445 or 470

I have a White Bros. rock solid 445mm fork on my Misfit Psycles 29er.
    The frame specs a 470mm fork.
    Do you think it would be worthwhile to get a proper length fork?
    It rides good as is, some steep sections I have to get waaay back and confdence suffers a bit.
    Wha da ya think?

mtbr member
    geometryCalc

Play with this calculator and see what happens when you run a shorter rigid fork. It'll steepen your steering geometry and lower your bottom bracket - pushing your center of gravity down and forward on the bike. You can counter this with a taller and shorter stem but might run into reach issues.

Lotsa folks run shorter forks than specced. More often folks trash their frame geo by running more and more travel up front as a way to bandaid their confidence with descending.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the link, GTscoob.
    The Misfit already has a low BB, good point about the fork makin' it lower. Reach is not a problem.
    My eyes tend to glaze over when lookin' at geometry charts. Just thinkin' that 25 mm would make quite a difference on a rigid bike.
    Just not sure if it's worth the cash for a new fork, OR ride what I got & spend the money on beer.

Cheesiest
    Voodoo zombie is 500
    "Paved roads...just another example of needless government spending"—paraphrased from rhino_adv