Did I catch a niner?

New question here. Rhyno Lite or Gordo

So this will be part of a winter ONLY build, fat front with a studded rear tire (Nokian Extreme 296) I have everything but a rear rim at this point.

I was thinking of going cheap and wide with the Rhino Lite but there are not much for reviews on this rim so I am hesitant. I do have the 26er version as a set on my commuter but never used them in the winter.

I can get a Gordo for $50 vs the normal $120 I see online so I do see a good deal there. I also am concerned about use in winter.

This bike will not just be used on the trails it will go through most everything all winter.

Hub will be a WTB geared spokes with be something semi cheap straight guage maybe double butted depending on price and the tire is 2.1 which I hope to widen out on a Cannondale 29er 2 frame (aluminum) I am using for this build.

Thanks for the help in advance!
    Mr. Krabs: Is it true, Squidward? Is it hilarious?
    https://www.dollarshaveclub.com/ref/...A0CC/s/tx/cx/1

mtbr member
    I'm unclear whether you're looking for a 29er or 26er rim. The gordo is the only option for 29inch, rhino lites are only made in bmx sizes now but can still be found in 26 inch on the web. Having a set of rl's on my downhill bike for many seasons I can attest to their durability, but I wonder if they might be overbuilt for snow and even trail riding. If wide snow rims are what you're looking for you'll want something light and even wider like snow cats that will fit "normal" frames. I happen to have a set of 26 inch snowcats collecting dust, lemme know if they're what you're looking for.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by masterofnone View Post
    I'm unclear whether you're looking for a 29er or 26er rim. The gordo is the only option for 29inch, rhino lites are only made in bmx sizes now but can still be found in 26 inch on the web.
    Rhyno-Lites have been made in 26" and 700c versions for many, many years

They're 27.5mm wide and plenty strong, though not as wide (35mm) or as stout as the Gordo

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bike Whisperer View Post
    Rhyno-Lites have been made in 26" and 700c versions for many, many years

They're 27.5mm wide and plenty strong, though not as wide (35mm) or as stout as the Gordo
    Ahh, you're right. I just dug deeper in the sun ringle website, just glancing they only show the rhinos in the 20" and 24" bmx catagory. But if you look up the pdf under rim dimensions it still lists 26 and 29 inch sizes. WTF, confusing, sorry