mtbr member
    May 2013

Replacing Rockshox XC32 ... upgrade to Reba or switch to Fox

I am close to buying a new bike. I am thinking about asking the shop to switch out the front fork to a Reba or Recon. I have some friends that think I should completely change over to Fox, for one reason or another. Any thoughts??

Thank you!

mtbr member

Re: Replacing Rockshox XC32 ... upgrade to Reba or switch to Fox

Wouldn't it be cheaper to buy the next level up with a better fork then to immediately upgrade?

To answer your question I have Reba RL and seems to be a really great fork. At the same level I doubt there is too much difference in performance between fox and rs. Probably comes down to personal preference.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    I agree with gunner, you might be better off buying a nicer bike rather then just immediately upgrading it? Bikes are normally just really good package deals, if you've got a good thing going with your shop on this one I can shed some light on the Recon. I just built up a 26er with a Recon Silver TK, my favorite feature being the feel of the solo-air spring. I've loved it so far, and it was pretty cheap (250ish). I can't really speak all that well to fox, as I have never ridden one BUT my impression is that 30% of their msrp can be attributed to their logo being placed on the fork.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Thanks for the reply. I guess I should reword what I was trying to say. I am going to try and negotiate a better shock into my purchase. If I have to kick in a little more, I don't have problem with that. I'm happy with the bike, but not the fork. I'd prefer to not bump to a more expensive model just for the fork, if that makes sense.

Thank you for the help!

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorbrian77 View Post
    I agree with gunner, you might be better off buying a nicer bike rather then just immediately upgrading it? Bikes are normally just really good package deals, if you've got a good thing going with your shop on this one I can shed some light on the Recon. I just built up a 26er with a Recon Silver TK, my favorite feature being the feel of the solo-air spring. I've loved it so far, and it was pretty cheap (250ish). I can't really speak all that well to fox, as I have never ridden one BUT my impression is that 30% of their msrp can be attributed to their logo being placed on the fork.
    Great input, thanks! I actually really like the shop I'm thinking about buying from. They are friendly, and good at what they do. They only sell the Brand I want, and I trust them. I'm getting a really good deal on the bike, which leaves me some flexibility to go a little out of pocket to help in the upgrade. I"m happy to meet them half way for a better