mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Racing Ralph exploting problem...

I went to set up my RR EVO tubless ready tire on my stans crest last night and before I barely reached 30 PSI it popped completely off the rim (sending sealant flying everywhere). The sidewalls started popping at 20 psi, which I thought was odd, I kept going and before 30 all sides had popped. I proceeded to start moving and shaking the tire around when it just went. I tried putting it back on and inflating again but found that one side of the bead and side wall look deformed and wont hold air... bad tire I guess? Thanks!

thecentralscrutinizer
    That's kinda what it sounds like. Maybe try to get it seated at 20 and let it set overnight before increasing the PSI.
    2015 Kona JTS
    2014 Giant Anthem 27.5
    2013 DeVinci Leo SL
    2009 SE Racing SoCal Flyer
    2008 SE lil Ripper
    2003 TiSport Gman

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Lots of topics about Schwalbe tires popping of Stan's rims.

Were they difficult to mount? This could be a case of #3 in this article: Tyre and rim compatibility and pressures / Just Riding Along - the blog

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    They weren`t THAT hard to mount. Easier than my non UST SB8 but harder than my UST Ravens. What was odd was how fast the beads popped. Now the part of the tire that apparently popped off the rim has an obvious "deformed" V shaped look from the bead all the way to the beginning of the tread.

Sup
    Make sure it doesn't have a broken bead

Sj
    I am slow therefore I am