RIDE TO LIVE

Race fork for 29er Single Speed

Looking for advice on my new race build. After 3 seasons on my Superfly single speed, I have decided that its time for a new race sled. Going with a Pivot Les frame and moving many of the superfly parts over to the Les. The one thing I'll need to upgrade is the fork, which is a Fox G2 80 mm RLT.

My next fork must be 100mm, preferably with a remote lockout or Brain/similar function. I am tired of reaching for the lockout on my RLT. In terms of priority, a fork that goes from lockout to active and back efficiently is tops. Weight and stiffness would be next. Tapered steerer, 9mm axle (I run a 9mm DT Swiss thru axle which works great).

mtbr member
    I know fox has a 100mm terralogic 29er float coming out next month. It is not listed on there website but do some research and you will find it.

Erik

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    The 2013 Fox Chassis have dropped nearly 100 grams from their platform. This to me would make the purchase a no brainer. A remote lockout is optional. Unboxed, Weighed, & First Ride – 2013 Fox CTD Suspension - Bike Rumor

Have fun on the new Pivot les. A Pivot les was on my short list to replace my 2011 Superfly SS, but I was able to locate a new 2011 Superfly SS (frame) in a size Small. Previously I had a Med, and it felt just a bit to big. I've had the SM Rig for years and that fit perfect. I'll likely be putting a new Fox CTD on the Superfly.

RIDE TO LIVE
    I had 2 Rigs (05 & 08) before the 10 Superfly. Besides being discontinued, the sfly is getting a bit dated. The Les brings just about everything I am looking for in my next ride, it would be perfect if it came with a 27.2 seatpost.

I'll check out the terralogic, sounds interesting.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by LIV2RYD View Post
    I had 2 Rigs (05 & 08) before the 10 Superfly. Besides being discontinued, the sfly is getting a bit dated. The Les brings just about everything I am looking for in my next ride, it would be perfect if it came with a 27.2 seatpost.

I'll check out the terralogic, sounds interesting.
    I agree... The Superfly SS needs the upgraded BB and Oversized Headtube. It is light and stiff though. Even though it's discontinued, dealers can still get them.

Did you ever try the SFly W/O a G2 Fork?

RIDE TO LIVE
    Quote Originally Posted by blum585 View Post
    Did you ever try the SFly W/O a G2 Fork?
    Yes, I have a DT Swiss carbon rigid fork on it right now and i tried a Reba SL on it a couple of years ago. I like the G2 FOX better in terms of ride geometry. With the Reba, it felt alot like my 05 Rig, slower steering which was fine on the open flowy trails but I ride a lot of twisty single track and the G2 carves it up much better.

It looks like the Fox terralogic is a great platform but it comes with a .6lb weight penalty over the SID XX WC. I wish I could test the Fox and a SID XX world cup with remote lockout (dual air).

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I do not have much time on any of the newer Fox Forks but I love my RS Sid XX 15mm tapered (non WC) on my Niner Air9c SS. the lockout is much more solid then that of the Reba XX i had prior. I cannot say from experience and only from my own research and word of mouth but with the saved weight and carbon bits on the WC it does have a bit more flex. Like I said, no first hand experience with this so take it as it is.

I love my Fox Terralogic. No buttons or dials to mess with. Immediate lock up when I stand and mash, and plush when things get chunky downhill.