mtbr member

Please help! Niner build

Greetings, i sincerely hope someone can help me with this problem... I am building up a new air 9(alloy)and was very excited until i discovered some compatibility issues with the bottom bracket.
    -so the air 9 has a pressfit 30(pf30)shell, and to run a shimano hollowtech crank i have to use adapters which half of the adapters seem to be crap and dont last anyways. So basically i'm in the position where i am not sure if i should try and just run a BB30 crank with a PF bottom bracket or try and use an adapter to run some shimano cranks.
    -I guess my main concerns are the following; is that i have herd some negative reviews about pf30 bottom brackets and the loosening/creaking issues.
    -second if i do use shimano cranks what adapter should i use and will it void the warranty(im leaning towards praxis or RWC)
    SO IF ANYONE CAN COMMENT ON THIS ISSUE AND PROVIDE SOME EXPERIENCE/INSIGHT ABOUT PF30 SYSTEMS OR ADAPTERS FOR NINER FRAMES THAT WOULD BE AWESOME.
    -ALSO IF ANYONE WANTS TO SHARE THEIR AIR 9 BUILD EXPERIENCE AND WHAT THEY DID AS FAR AS BOTTOM BRACKETS AND CRANKS THAT WOULD BE APPRECIATED AS WELL.

turtles make me hot
    I used the Praxxis in my wife's Spearfish. It went in easily and works flawlessly. The XT crankset looks right at home on the frame. Doesn't look like a goofy adapter.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    Both of my mountain bikes have threaded bottom brackets, but if I was in your position and I wanted to run a Shimano crankset on a frame with a PF30 BB shell, this is the bottom bracket I'd buy: KCNC/RWC PF30 to HT2 BB Adapter with Enduro Bearings (I'd get the one with regular steel bearings.)

The principles behind the engineering seems sound, and I trust Enduro bearing quality.
    Tire Design & Development Engineer. The opinions expressed in this forum are solely my own.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Let me google that for you

tons of posts in the drivetrain forum about it. Youll get the same responses here on everyones likes and dislikes about adapters, PF30, BB30, creaking, proper installation, loctite, bearing retaining compounds, epoxys... etc
    Put a mountain biker in a room with 2 bowling balls and we'll break one and lose the other - GelatiCruiser

turtles make me hot
    Wow. That's nicer than the Praxxis. That must be fairly new because I didn't see that when I built my wife's bike.
    I like turtles