mtbr member
    Sep 2012

Panaracer Driver Pro rocks!

I just want to get word out that the new Driver Pro is a damn good tire. I wanted to get another set of tires ready as my Ikons are starting to look a little ragged after only about 400 miles. I've put about 100 miles on the Drivers so far and have found them to be just as fast on the flats, and have better cornering control (although Socal has gotten a lot of rain lately and the trail conditions are perfect so that could be subjective). If you ride in muddy conditions often though, I would pass, they do not hold a line through mud or slush well at all.

Advertised weight is sub 600g and they run almost half the price of the Ikons. The drivers and Ikons are both 2.2s, but the panaracer looks to have a bit more volume. Sorry no calipers or scale to provide more accuracy.

They hook up with no trouble with a floor pump to both AMclassic tubeless rims and stans ARch EXs.

This is just my 2 cents but for budget racing I have a new favorite tire!

I should be studying...
    Was wondering about these tires... Thanks for the update, front? rear? both?
    Formerly known as iceaxe

ride more
    Mar 2007
    Good to hear something about them, I think I will try them as well... I like a lot of the new Pracer tires...

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I ran them on my highball front and rear and they out performed the ikons I had been racing on. I also tried it as a rear tire on my tracer and once again it was nice and quick and didn't notice any bad behavior or unintended sliding, but I'll be keeping my 2.35 rampage on the tracer for the extra meat.

Cheesiest
    Any word on the sidewalls? I heard they were thin.
    "Paved roads...just another example of needless government spending"—paraphrased from rhino_adv

mtbr member
    How much are they and where did you buy them from?

mtbr member
    I just installed these last week on my Scandal. So, far they've been great, even in thick mud. Haven't had the chance to try on fast hardpack yet. But, have a feeling that's where they'll really shine.

You can get them from ebikestop.com for $40 and free shipping over $79 I think it is. I purchased mine from my LBS for $45 a piece.

Some weights I took...

Listed at 590g

1st tire...609g
    2nd tire...605g

Would like to add that these were a mother to get seated tubeless on P35's. Had to inflate with a tube to pop the bead in...then pop off one side to remove tube...finally with a bit of soapy water and caressing of the unseated bead...POP POP!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Panaracer Driver Pro rocks!-uploadfromtaptalk1359287923472.jpg  

ballbuster
    Niagra Cycle on Amazon does them for $45 plus $7 shipping.

Looks like a nice tire. I'm tempted to get a set, but the tire pile is already pretty high.

Nice to see that they are weighing in only slightly over advertised weight, which is pretty dang light for a good sized 29er tire.

It says it's a 2.2. How close is that to reality?

Amazon.com: Panaracer Driver Pro Tire - 29" x 2.2, Folding, Black: Sports & Outdoors

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Love these tires, I ran a set most of 2012 race year, they held up very well and set up tubeless on stans with no problems.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I dont have a set of calipers but they are wider then my maxxis ikons were. the sidewalls have seen some pretty decent abuse. Just did my second 12 hour race on them and they have several scars on the sidewalls but have not been cut or leak. I got mine at the LBS for $48 special ordered.

mtbr member
    Thanks guys, I went ahead and got a pair off of eBikeStop.com - life is short - enjoy the ride for 81.90. I'll let you know how hard they are to put tubeless on Bontrager RXL wheels.

mtbr member
    A couple pics for sizing and profile visuals. Tires are mounted tubeless on Velocity P-35 rims.

Casing width-

Tread width-

Manitou Tower Pro 80mm-

Really I am that slow
    I enjoyed them quite alot, ran them on the divide this past year had a pair last from NM all the way to butte, MT
    Read my BLOG!

Nipple twister and bike builder at Borealis

http://www.borealisbikes.com/