mtbr member

P35 + Ardent 2.4 = ???

I love my ardents, especially up front. Thinking about going with a nice wide rim, and I'm curious if anyone else is running this combo and how it is. How wide is the tire casing/tread? Currently on Crests so it would be a huge change, rim width wise.

Thanks
    Rob

Did I catch a niner?
    Not on a P35 but have run a 2.4 on my Gordo and it balloons up pretty damn big and requires some serious clearance on the rear if you plan to do it. As for actual numbers no clue but it really is damn big.
    Mr. Krabs: Is it true, Squidward? Is it hilarious?
    https://www.dollarshaveclub.com/ref/...A0CC/s/tx/cx/1

This place needs an enema
    Quote Originally Posted by rob1035 View Post
    I love my ardents, especially up front. Thinking about going with a nice wide rim, and I'm curious if anyone else is running this combo and how it is. How wide is the tire casing/tread? Currently on Crests so it would be a huge change, rim width wise.

Thanks
    Rob
    Ardent on a P35 is massive, and with a really square profile. If that's your thing (I love it, some don't) they are hard to beat, and surprisingly light for the width.

RIDE TO LIVE
    I'd love to see a Knard 3.0 on a P35. I bet that would be a sick combo.

Harmonius Wrench
    I've got that combo on this '07 El Mar. The Ardents are tubeless and go about 61mm casing width at lowish pressures. (20-ish psi)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P35 + Ardent 2.4 = ???-p1050696.jpg  

mtbr member
    I ran Ardent 2.4s soft and tubeless on Flows (28mm) and they were a full 2.4-2.5 and pretty tall. I imagine the would get wider (and shorter) on 35mm rims.
    Use it, use it, use it while you still have it.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    I run Ardent 2.4s on P35 rims on my HiFi. They come up to right about 62mm at the widest point. That is set up (ghetto) tubeless at 24psi. They were at 60mm when I first set them up, so they have grown a bit with time. My experience is that it is an excellent combo.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by rob1035 View Post

Thanks
    Rob
    You may find Flow ex has more effect with it's lower sidewall. I find tires on a crest not far off a P35 whereas they are normally 2mm wider on a p35 than say a Blunt.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasp4Air View Post
    I ran Ardent 2.4s soft and tubeless on Flows (28mm) and they were a full 2.4-2.5 and pretty tall. I imagine the would get wider (and shorter) on 35mm rims.
    They get wider, squarer profile and about 1mm taller on a P 35. That shorter on wider rims thing is a myth.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009

I've got a Blunt 35 (formerly known as P-35) ready to be laced up, but I'm waiting to see if the Rabbit Hole rim will be available soon. I'll be using Ardent 2.4's on either rim. Thanks for posting the pictures.

Harmonius Wrench
    Quote Originally Posted by stremf View Post
    I've got a Blunt 35 (formerly known as P-35) ready to be laced up, but I'm waiting to see if the Rabbit Hole rim will be available soon. I'll be using Ardent 2.4's on either rim. Thanks for posting the pictures.
    Rabbit Holes or possibly the new Velocity rim that is coming this year. (Think similar to Rabbit Hole, but in more ano colors)

mtbr member
    I have that setup up front on my rigid ride. I love it. It lays all the tread out on the ground nicely. I have it at about 18 psi tubeless (obviously).

Quote Originally Posted by Guitar Ted View Post
    Rabbit Holes or possibly the new Velocity rim that is coming this year. (Think similar to Rabbit Hole, but in more ano colors)
    Have you been privy to any specifics? Weight, dimensions, etc? Velocity products have been solid for me and I'm glad there will be alternatives to the Rabbit Hole.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gvs_nz View Post
    You may find Flow ex has more effect with it's lower sidewall. I find tires on a crest not far off a P35 whereas they are normally 2mm wider on a p35 than say a Blunt.
    Interesting point, I was looking solely at the inner width dimensions, and hadn't really given Stan's "lower sidewall=wider tire" claims any thought...

This place needs an enema
    You may find Flow ex has more effect with it's lower sidewall.
    This is true.

I find tires on a crest not far off a P35
    This is a big stretch.

Ride On
    Relevant thread resurrection.

Hi Folks,

I'm wondering for those who have moved from a Flow type rim (approx. 23mm inner width) to one of these wider rims (approx. 28-29 inner width). What do you think? Are they fantastic? Meh? Never look back at skinny again etc.

I'm debating new wheels now, LB Carbon, Syntace W35, others...

Thanks!
    Michael

Ride on!

mtbr member
    FWIW, I have a wheelset with a P35 front coming, so I'll have some actual info soon (only a year and 4 months later...)

mtbr member

P35 + Ardent 2.4 = ???

Here's an Ardent 2.4 on a P35 on the back of my Black Cat...

And Here's the Minion 2.5 on the front...

Thanks to @mikesee for steering me in this direction. It rocks.

mtbr member
    The difference between an Ardent 2.4" on a Flow (non-EX) and P35, both tubeless at similar pressures, is minimal. The casing on the P35 is just barely wider (3mm or so). I haven't had it on the trail yet, where the true difference will probably show.