mtbr member
    Jul 2009

New wheelset...Project 321/stans arch ex

Just wanted to share my new wheelset for my Anthem x 29er 1....Stans Arch ex rims laced to Project 321 hubs with Sapim Race spokes. I ordered directly from Project 321. They had a very fast build time and shipped the wheels out right away. I read some good reviews about their hubs so I though I'd give them a try. Has anyone had experience riding their wheels/hubs in the past?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New wheelset...Project 321/stans arch ex-p321.jpg  

New wheelset...Project 321/stans arch ex-p321.1.jpg  

New wheelset...Project 321/stans arch ex-p321.2.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    They look nice. Do you have an idea how the loud the freehub is at this point?

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I haven't had a chance to test them out yet because I didn't have time to switch out the cassette. I'll report back on the freehub after I take them out for a spin.

mtbr member
    I've been riding my P321 hubs for about a year now and they're great! My only complaint is the noise, but it fades into the background after you're on them for a few miles and is offset by the instant engagement.

(Mine are blue, too.)
    www.teamnavycycling.org
    10 Pivot Mach 429
    09 Felt Nine Race
    03 Litespeed Tuscany

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I rode up and down the block this morning after I switched over my cassette. They didn't seem too noisy to me but they do click. My last upgraded wheelset was bicycle wheel warehouse (bww) Pure hubs laced to mavic 717 wheels (26in). The Project 321s seemed to be pretty quiet compared to those. I'm going on a ride this afternoon so I'll report on them when I get back.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Just got back from the first real ride. These are awesome! I could definitely notice a diffenence with the instant engagement and they seemed to rolll forever. A riding buddy of mine had Industry 9 hubs and his were noticeably louder than mine. So far I would recommend this wheelset to anybody.

Big Boy
    looks nice! Got a weight on them?
    -It's time to shred some mild to moderate gnar!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    No weight...I was so excited when I got them that I installed the and forgot to weigh them haha. They do feel lighter than the Giant wheels that I took off though.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    I'm jealous ! They look great man. I am trying to read up on replacement wheel sets, looking into easton's. Enjoy them dude .

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Thanks! They been great so far. It's crazy how much of a difference a wheel set can make.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TmBtc12 View Post
    Thanks! They been great so far. It's crazy how much of a difference a wheel set can make.
    It sure is!!

New wheelset...Project 321/stans arch ex-smp1010212.jpg
    www.teamnavycycling.org
    10 Pivot Mach 429
    09 Felt Nine Race
    03 Litespeed Tuscany

mtbr member
    Great looking wheels guys.
    I used a project 321 front hub for my custom lefty on my Mukluk. Very nice hub.

2010 Intense Spider 2
    2010 Ibis Tranny SS
    2012 Salsa Mukluk 2
    2013 Salsa Spearfish 1
    2013 Trek Domane 5.2
    2014 Hakkalugi

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by vmaxx4 View Post
    Great looking wheels guys.
    I used a project 321 front hub for my custom lefty on my Mukluk. Very nice hub.
    Nice. If I wind up getting a fattie, I'm going to put a Lefty on it, too.
    www.teamnavycycling.org
    10 Pivot Mach 429
    09 Felt Nine Race
    03 Litespeed Tuscany

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Very nice bikes guys...skiahh, how do you like the pivot? I was thinking about getting one before I got my Anthem. Here's a pic of my bike before the new wheelset and some other changes. I'll have to post another one of what it looks like now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New wheelset...Project 321/stans arch ex-anthem29.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TmBtc12 View Post
    Very nice bikes guys...skiahh, how do you like the pivot? I was thinking about getting one before I got my Anthem. Here's a pic of my bike before the new wheelset and some other changes. I'll have to post another one of what it looks like now.
    The Pivot is the best bike I've ever ridden. Not owned, but ridden... and I demo'd a lot of bikes before picking the Pivot. I was a Specialized guy for about 12 years before jumping to the Pivot. I had a couple of Brain equipped bikes and the Pivot climbs every bit as good as the Brain system. It's stiffer than any Specialized I had, too; in fact, the first few rides I couldn't put my finger on what I was feeling but once I realized it was the bike going exactly where I pointed it and not flexing, it was pretty amazing. And the Lefty just adds to that.

I will eventually get a 429c; right now I think it's the only carbon I'd go with. And that's based on how tough they build their bikes. I know, I know... CF is strong and durable - I just haven't got there yet, but I have so much confidence in Pivot after riding mine that I'd be completely confident in the 429c.
    www.teamnavycycling.org
    10 Pivot Mach 429
    09 Felt Nine Race
    03 Litespeed Tuscany