mtbr member
    Aug 2012

never see posts on DT Swiss or Magura forks?

I would think coming from both these companies, they are high quality... but, I never see any posts about people running them. why?

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Distribution, marketing & advertising, price, word of mouth, presumptions about parts and warranty hassles, visual presence in shops....

psycho cyclo addict
    westin nailed it.

I know of one person running a Magura fork. He decided to try it as an alternative to a somewhat more expensive Fox fork on a carbon hard tail build last year. I asked if he was still happy with his decision a few months ago and he said he'd just get a Fox next time (no particular reason given).

He and others I frequently ride with use Magura brakes (they say modulation is much better than other manufacturers brakes). One of those people had to get recall replacements because at ~40 deg. F, both his front and rear brakes failed (simultaneously!) last winter (while going down a hill even). Another ended up with DOT fluid in one of them as a result of a shop tech assuming...

I stick with Fox and SRAM forks and SRAM/Avid brakes (of all sorts) because odds of finding parts locally available in a pinch are higher and there's lots of info online here and elsewhere.

Of the Nameless Rabble
    Feb 2011
    I use Magura components. I like them. The brakes especially, and to the point where the only other disc brake I'd consider nowadays is Shimano.

I don't think DT Swiss does itself any favors with proprietary tool requirements, particularly since I don't find anything about their brand that makes them stand head and shoulders above other brand options. (I have used and enjoyed DT Swiss components.)

I like this place