mtbr member
    Nov 2008

Need a lower headset cup for a tapered fork

I have a frame (2010 Niner EMD) that takes a straight 1 1/8th in steerer tube and recently obtained a fork with a tapered steerer tube. I am wondering if there is a lower headset cup that I can use to mate the fork with the frame such as the KORE K34 lower headset cup (The KORE K34 Lower Headset Cup Allows Tapered Steerers To Fit Into Standard 1 1/8" Zero Stack Head Tubes. Photos | Cyclingnews.com). I been searching the internet but haven't found anyplace that sells it. Does anyone know of anything i can use?

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Amazon (1) left FSA and E Thirteen both use to sell one like the Kore but they both discontinued making them. As a side note... if it was me, I would just have the steering tube changed out, That is always the best way to handle that kind of problem.

mtbr member
    I think you're SOL as the EMD headtube (IIRC) is not zero stack, but uses a 1 1/8 external headset. Only ZS headtubes can take the conversion headset.

Former Bike Wrench
    Sorry, that fork is not going to work with your EMD, which has a standard 1 1/8" headtube for traditional press fit external bearing headsets. You can reduce but you can't enlarge.