lmw
    mtbr member
    Apr 2013

need help setting up reba single air fork

Hey I am having troubles getting the sag right on my single air reba fork. I am 150 pounds, and rock shox recommends that I set my psi to 90-105 so I set it to 100, also I have the lock out knob fully to the left when I do this. When i sit on the bike, it only sags to about 10%, im looking for 30. When I set my psi to 50, then it sags at 30%, however its also incredibly easy to bottom out as well which is no good. Any suggestions?

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    I just got the same fork on my Giant Anthem and am having the exact same problem with it and weigh about 155. If I set the sag to about 25% I am bottoming out on everything. Setting the air pressure to the recommended amount and I have zero small bump compliance and a sag of about 10%. I'd like to see how others have theirs set up.

mtbr member
    Forks can take a while to "bed" in. Ride towards the minimum recommend psi setting for your weight for a while. Otherwise pull the fork apart and reassemble ensuring correct oil levels parts greased etc.
    Duct tape iz like teh Force. It has a Lite side and a Dark side and it holdz the Universe together.

cowbell
    Same fork on my Anthem, I'm a bit heavier than you guys though. I weigh close to 220 with a full camel back and gear. I ride with about 135 psi in my Reba, and one click of compression damping. My sag is between %15-%20 and small bump compliance is good (full disclosure, you may want to take that with a grain of salt, my other bike is a rigid SS) and I can bottom it out, but don't do so very often. I'll adjust up or down a few pounds depending on where I ride to make compliance better where there are no big hits or bottoming out a little harder where there are a lot of big hits. Get your air pressure somewhere you're comfortable with compliance, but maybe not full on 25% sag, and play with the compression damping. Two clicks of compression damping will make a huge difference.