mtbr member
    Oct 2012

need advice for wheels for a Specialized Carve

I'd like to get a second set of wheels for my recently acquired Carve. The possibility of going tubeless interests me but what I really care most about is being able to go back and forth with minimal adjustment.Since I am just getting back into this bike thing there are lots of choices and changes that have happened since I last paid any attention. I'm drinking up the info like its coming out of a fire hose and I'm feeling a little bloated. Thus the request for assistance. I haven't had the bike long enough to get a feel for the current wheelset off road but I plan to put a road friendly set of tires on one of the wheelsets.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    If the main reason for getting a new wheelset is going tubeless, I'll just mention that on the 2013 Carve, the stock wheels and tires were the easiest to convert I've enountered. Just added rim few layers of rim tape, tubeless valves and sealant.. done. They're not light set of wheels tho (I recall 2050g or so), so I can see the desire for getting another pair and have the originals as a spare.

mtbr member
    Bump.... im interested also.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Is it the same rims as my Carve Pro 2012 (rebrand Alex Rim) ?

I'm thinking to go to Joe's no flat but but know innerwitdh to choose (Narrow or Mountain ?) or wait an year are try ZTR rims...

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Yes, same rims. I wouldn't want to get another set but I do want a set that requires no adjustment when swapped out.

Quote Originally Posted by michalss View Post
    Is it the same rims as my Carve Pro 2012 (rebrand Alex Rim) ?

I'm thinking to go to Joe's no flat but but know innerwitdh to choose (Narrow or Mountain ?) or wait an year are try ZTR rims...
    Last edited by lavrgs; 10-10-2012 at 01:49 PM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Don't know inner but outer is 30mm