mtbr member
    Jan 2013

Mtb fs carbon fiber frame failures.

I would like to hear from anyone and everyone who has had a carbon fiber mountainbike frame crack/break. All classes , XC / AM / DH

Cheers.

Formerly of Kent
    What about aluminum?

I've seen your miserable trolling efforts in other threads, and your red-chiclet reputation precedes you.

Get a life.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Duke View Post
    What about aluminum?

I've seen your miserable trolling efforts in other threads, and your red-chiclet reputation precedes you.

Get a life.
    If you want to create a thread about aluminum frames that would be a great comparison but this thread is on carbon fiber only. Personal attacks are unwarranted.

Just follow the the thread question please or post somewhere else.

Thank you.

Warrior's Society
    Nevermind......looking at your previous posts.....you are just trolling.
    Last edited by mtnbikej; 05-03-2013 at 10:34 AM.
    I crashed hard enough on my Tallboy to break my leg,
    The carbon is way more durable than most people.

Rod
    Endorphin Junkie
    We can see right through your troll tactics.
    There is not much choice between rotten apples.

mtbr member
    Can someone, anyone ban this guy?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mjs1231 View Post
    I would like to hear from anyone and everyone who has had a carbon fiber mountainbike frame crack/break. All classes , XC / AM / DH

Cheers.
    They all break. Is a scam by the bike companies to get us to buy more bikes. That is why I only ride galvanized steel frames.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    I just ran across this video, i thought i would share with you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLLJ...e_gdata_player

Warrior's Society
    I just ran across this video, i thought i would share with you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLLJ...e_gdata_player
    That dude is a wanker.
    I crashed hard enough on my Tallboy to break my leg,
    The carbon is way more durable than most people.

ballbuster

Cheers.
    I'll bet you would.

But, carbon never breaks, ever.

Happy? Have I given you your little troll handle to grab on and run?

Okay, your turn...

GO!

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    i have noticed a trend in this forum. as long as you have a good rep you are alowed to bully others, call them names and basicly harras them over and over. i find this very disturbing. all i have done is bring up topics of conversation and even the admin has threatened me. so i have taken screen shots of direct attempts to harras and direct attempts to push peoples button purposely.

slandered my /nick. i tell ya what. dr was wright. make people laugh or they want to kill you. all i did was post truthful info and i get are personal attacks and extreme negative comments.

im sending it to management as a token of good faith and a attempt to make the forum more accesable to everyone. not just users with rep envy. personaly i dont care about the rep scheme. i just use the forum for infomation and group ideas. i see now i have been wrong. i have come to the conclusion that this forum is just not something i want to be part of so this is my last post.

yes the admin should have the power to ban and kick and what ever else makes them feel like they have power over others. unfortunately this is indicative of psycopathy behavier.

im new to the biking scene but from what i have seen here you dont dare joke or post anything that goes againt the pro corporate mantra of calling out bs when i see it. maybe im wrong and maybe i should have been more specific in my statements but i do not attack others and do not bully others.

its sad to see how this has played out. goodbye.

workin' it Administrator
    i have noticed a trend in this forum. as long as you have a good rep you are alowed to bully others, call them names and basicly harras them over and over. i find this very disturbing. all i have done is bring up topics of conversation and even the admin has threatened me. so i have taken screen shots of direct attempts to harras and direct attempts to push peoples button purposely.

slandered my /nick. i tell ya what. dr was wright. make people laugh or they want to kill you. all i did was post truthful info and i get are personal attacks and extreme negative comments.

im sending it to management as a token of good faith and a attempt to make the forum more accesable to everyone. not just users with rep envy. personaly i dont care about the rep scheme. i just use the forum for infomation and group ideas. i see now i have been wrong. i have come to the conclusion that this forum is just not something i want to be part of so this is my last post.

yes the admin should have the power to ban and kick and what ever else makes them feel like they have power over others. unfortunately this is indicative of psycopathy behavier.

im new to the biking scene but from what i have seen here you dont dare joke or post anything that goes againt the pro corporate mantra of calling out bs when i see it. maybe im wrong and maybe i should have been more specific in my statements but i do not attack others and do not bully others.

As you have stated you are new to mountain biking and no you didn't bring truthful information you have brought your opinion, and your opinion is based on what you have to believe about mountain biking. You have purposely pursued your anti-carbon agenda in multiple threads, some of which have nothing to do with broken carbon but just have a mention of carbon parts including the strongest 29er rim thread.

This is what is called trolling. It is the process of disseminating your personal opinion contrary to either fact or reason. Trollers tend to attack things that they don't believe in and then get bent out of joint when people counter their claims with reason or just even their own opinion. Dissenting opinions are one thing but arguing against fact with opinion just pushes the user into the troll region even more.

Disappearing for awhile then returning with the same arguments further cements the troll status. On a website with a 100000 active users trolls are common knowledge and they usually follow this method.

if you intention was to troll then you have done so well. Not perfectly because a great troll tempers their actions so you cannot tell if they are really trolling or just being coy. A bad troll just runs in screams and types in caps and is summarily banned.

The final category is someone that doesn't realize they are trolling, either because they don't understand how forums work, are new to the topic and don't realize that perhaps their opinion of something isn't necessarily the truth, or maybe even new to the internets in general.

if you fall into this later category I suggest taking a step back, checking out the google search for some knowledge about this sport, open your mind to the potential of carbon and expensive bikes and whatever, ride your bike, post about it in the passion forum, just generally let MTBR be a good source of Free information. Take it as it is given, that is with a grain of salt and give it back, that is with a grain of salt and be open to other opinions, which in this case is that everything breaks. I personally have broken 2 high end full suspension aluminum full suspension frames in places the makers said that they never break, one high end steel frame, one low end steel frame and multiple carbon parts and oh so many high, mid and low end parts to fill buckets.

However I still ride steel and aluminum and Ti and...well not carbon now but that is only because it is above my disposable income now.

Open your mind, read more, and hard up.
    Try this: HTFU

AZ
    banned

Cheers.

I'll bite. I have broken every frame material multiple times over, that is except carbon fiber. I haven't broken that yet nor do I expect that I will. Carbon fiber is pretty dialed in these days as long as you are dealing with reputable companies, a far cry from the early, pioneering days when it was first used in bicycle frames. In short, the histrionics that you attempt to interject are completely unnecessary and your time would be better spent educating yourself about the subject before making inflammatory threads. Or as others have posted, you are a simple Troll.

ballbuster

Yeah, seriously. You have no idea what you are talking about. You are just reacting to your fears, and trying to impose that fear on others as 'knowledge' to stroke your own fragile ego.

I got a better idea. Let go of your steel frames and 8 speed drivetrains as 'superior technology', and just open your ears and shut your mouth. Seems like you're recycling old arguments we all played out online 15 years ago... v-brakes vs cantis vs. disk brakes, suspension fork vs. rigid fork vs. full suspension, alu vs. steel vs. carbon... 8 speed vs. 9 speed... and now the current stuff is 10 speed.

When you come along and try and school us about stupid stuff from 15 years ago and make like it's fresh, (and many of us have been riding since that stuff was current) it makes you look like a fool, especially considering you're a self described n003, and obviously trying to stroke your own ego.

banned
    goodbye.

Buh Bye.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rockcrusher View Post
    This is what is called trolling. It is the process of disseminating your personal opinion contrary to either fact or reason. Trollers tend to attack things that they don't believe in and then get bent out of joint when people counter their claims with reason or just even their own opinion.
    I would disagree with your definition. I would say trolling is doing something - anything, really - to mindlessly provoke disagreements, arguments or contrary opinions. It doesn't necessarily have anything to do with personal opinion. In fact, the best trolls throw the craziest crap out there and sit back and watch the melee.

Given the time you put into crafting your response, I'd say he's been a moderately successful troll in this thread.

I wonder what the red chiclet count has to be before an auto-ban kicks in?
    www.teamnavycycling.org
    10 Pivot Mach 429
    09 Felt Nine Race
    03 Litespeed Tuscany

Axe
    Custom User Title
    i have noticed a trend in this forum. as long as you have a good rep you are alowed to bully others.
    Let me bully you then. Shut up and go away. If you want to participate, create a new account and try not to look like an idiot next time.

workin' it Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by skiahh View Post
    I would disagree with your definition. I would say trolling is doing something - anything, really - to mindlessly provoke disagreements, arguments or contrary opinions. It doesn't necessarily have anything to do with personal opinion. In fact, the best trolls throw the craziest crap out there and sit back and watch the melee.

Given the time you put into crafting your response, I'd say he's been a moderately successful troll in this thread.

I wonder what the red chiclet count has to be before an auto-ban kicks in?
    Well I wasn't defining the definitive description of a troll just the clueless or selfserving type troll. One the grabs onto a concept no matter how outdated or how definitively it has shown to not be the case and just rides that for as a long as they can, often into self-oblivion or in this case the old "this is my last post" post.

There are many other troll types but this is the one I think this user falls into and I was in particular responding to his assertion that he had been bullied by the admin which is a title I wear here and i was the one to warn him previously about offtopic anti-carbon posts.

That said the rep system exists for the purpose of users like this so that someone unknown of the personalities, experiences and knowledge base available to them here can instantly assess that this user is probably not that reliable when it comes to broken carbon...and if you are lucky they will self-ban themselves anyways as seems to be the case here.
    Try this: HTFU

I Tried Them ALL... Moderator
    Well-said, everyone except the OP. Nothing is indestructible. If you buy a carbon framed-bike as a complete newbie...then expect failures, as crashing is part of the MTB learning curve. Once your skills and confidence improves - then owning a carbon bike becomes more gratifying; the bike is lighter, stiffer and combined with honed trail handling skills....becomes a great ownership experience.
    "The mind will quit....well before the body does"