Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

maxxis or wtb or cst or...new BACK tire, need help

3K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  t0pcat 
#1 · (Edited)
I can get quite a few tires at pretty good prices, I want the best I can get, but these are the brands

wtb
cst
panaracer
vee
origian
maxxis

I currenlty have a s works renegade control 1.9, its awesome, but I want a bit wider tire w a bit more 'bite' (knobs).

Please give me input and which MODEL you like, thanks. Price on tire really not a problem:thumbsup:

#10 ·
I hate to confuse things but the Crossmark and Ignitor are both great tires too. The crossmark is pretty much my go to tire. I ride in WNC/Pisgah. Actually running the Ignitor up front right now but that's only because I wasn't real happy with the Panaracer Rampage. I have an Ardent on the way for the front. Then the Ignitor will go to the rear for the leafy/sloppy season, crossmark back on the rear next spring.

I almost bought a Ikon but after looking at one in person I decided the tread just isn't aggressive enough for the conditions I ride in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.