mtbr member
    Mar 2013

Maxxis high roller II ?

Not sure if this in the correct place for this question but Does anyone know if maxxis actuality made the high roller II in a 29er yet. I see it in their web site but no one seems to have them for sale. I will need a new set of tires for my Stache 7 soon and was looking at them as a option. Thanks In advance.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Yeah!!! Where is the high roller 2? All I hear is about the minion and the ikon...

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    They are not up yet on Maxxis' e-store so I doubt they are available anywhere.

In FTF We Trust
    "I'll disintegrate over time if I expect my body to try to keep up with my mind" -BM

Race, Rocks or Road...Just Ride

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Ahh...sorry O...I'm old, my eyes are bad...and slight dainbramage...

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Yeah I see the 26, but have never found the 29er. I guess is it just a myth... I guess I will be looking at other options. Any suggestions ? (Hardpack single track, Some roots and rocks, Live/ride in and around PA. Cross county/all mt. riding, no real large jumps/drops ) . Thanks guys.

beater

Maxxis high roller II ?

Given that protos exist and they're on the website, I'm not sure "mythical" is the right word. We know they're in the production pipeline, at least, and the Minions are showing up. As opposed to Conti's Black Chili Trail Kings, for example.
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." - Dr. Peter Venkman

Riding in Helena? Everything you need to know, right here.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I grew up riding in PA, but didn't get a 29er till I moved to CA, but knowing tires and the terrain your riding, WTB exiwolf 2.3's would be pretty good for drier days, and they are a huge tire. I've been loving my continentals and am about to try a trailking 2.2 and just looking at the tread (and the fact that it's a pretty good size 2.2) It would be perfect for all those awesome roots and rocks. I used to have the original HighRoller I in 2.3 front and rear on my old 26" hardtail and it was perfect for PA. I don't know why Maxxis won't make a Highroller I in 29", the II's seem to have pretty high rolling resistance compared to the original I's.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by captnpenguin View Post
    I grew up riding in PA, but didn't get a 29er till I moved to CA, but knowing tires and the terrain your riding, WTB exiwolf 2.3's would be pretty good for drier days, and they are a huge tire. I've been loving my continentals and am about to try a trailking 2.2 and just looking at the tread (and the fact that it's a pretty good size 2.2) It would be perfect for all those awesome roots and rocks. I used to have the original HighRoller I in 2.3 front and rear on my old 26" hardtail and it was perfect for PA. I don't know why Maxxis won't make a Highroller I in 29", the II's seem to have pretty high rolling resistance compared to the original I's.
    Why would you think the original High Rollers have less rolling resistance than the HR2?
    Tire Design & Development Engineer. The opinions expressed in this forum are solely my own.