mtbr member
    Oct 2007

Marzocchi Micro Ti 44 TST 29er fork-leaking

So far I have loved that Marzocchi Micro Ti 44 TST 29er fork Zach found for me at Huck n Roll. But I noticed it leaking on the right side of the fork near the top of the right leg. Maybe a fork seal? Havent done anything to it since it was installed in December of 2011. I emailed Marzocchi and they quoted me a cost of $110 for serviceing it and changing the seal. Is this a good price? Anyone know of a few places in Mass that Service Marzocchi Bombers? Looked at the video on pinkbike but im not sure of doing it on my own nor do I have the special tools they mention.. Is it ok to keep riding it in the meantime?
    ______I do remember there being a recall on one of their forks for a mod but not sure if this was one of them.

BMF
    Oct 2007
    If you ride with any regularity after 10 months it's time to have it serviced. Marz will do a good job if you don't already know a local suspension tech up to the task.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    MY LBS is away at Interbike so I have not had a chance to ask him if he services Marzocchis yet. I've watched the video and it seems like a bit of knowledge and $400 with of tools are needed to do it correctly.

mtbr member
    My Marzocchi 44 RC3 Ti also developed a leaky seal and Marzocchi fixed it for free under warranty. You might want to inquire if yours is still under warranty, as I thought it was 3 years for these forks. With shipping via my LBS, it took about a month for me to get my fork back though. So I would only send it to Marzocchi if you're not paying them to do it. Otherwise, you can find local Marzocchi dealers on Marzocchi's website, who would likely charge you $80-110 to do it and it will be way faster.
    "Careful. We don't want to learn from this." -- Calvin & Hobbes

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Thats a good point.The fork is still new only through it on December of last year. Heard there might be some type of recall or mod they did to some. I'll have to get the serial number off it if it has one and see if it helps.