mtbr member
    Jun 2013

Marzocchi Corsa SL 29er fork (2012)

Purchased this fork through CRC. Can someone explain to me why some of these units are not as advertised. Mine stated 80mm or 120mm through spacers. Marzocchi USA said it cannot be done without changing internals. What's up with this bs !! Anyone had this problem?

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    The spacers are internal...

Next time you buy bike parts, I'd advise to do a bit more homework.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Spacers are internal? No kidding...lol. What I want to know is why a fork that is advertised as having the ability to change travel through spacer removal/adding is not just that? Seems like false advertisement to me or Marzocchi USA doesn't know their own product! They told me I needed to purchase a bunch of parts for the change when this model is advertised as something else!

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Well, maybe the spacers are not included, but that would depend on the amount of travel that it was sold with. 120: No spacers, 80: All the needed spacers should be in the fork. That would explain why you would need to buy parts... This is what the manual says:

In CORSA, MARATHON, 44 Micro TI, 44 LR, 44 RLO, 44 Micro Ti 29, 44 TST2 29 and 55 CR you can change the fork travel with specific spacers which can be installed on fork, supplied in the box or sold separately.

I cannot find any service manual on their site, which is a shame. Apparently they indeed want to do travel changes at service centres. Too bad; with most fork brands it is not difficult to do yourself if you have the manual and the right oil/lubricants.

mtbr member
    Luis, have you actually opened up the fork yet to see how it's set up? I believe that fork comes from the factory at 100mm - is that the case with your fork?

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Fork is factory set at 100mm. I just want the extra 20mm of travel , so after some research, decided to take it in instead of trying to mess with it myself. Marzocchi USA called me back and quoted me about $150.00 for parts and labor to put the fork at 120mm ! I bought this unit from CRC because price was good(not good enough to spend an extra $150.00 on travel change) and it was advertised as being able to be changed to 120mm through spacers. I'm waiting on CRC to return my email on this issue and apparently this is not the first time this happens with some of their Marzocchi forks. I just want to get what is expected.. nothing more. If you pay for an item that is advertised with certain benefits you should not have to pay extra for those certain benefits! Simple

mtbr member
    I've heard of that happening when you buy an OEM take-off fork. Sometimes, the OEM version of an aftermarket fork will have shorter rods to save money. If Chain Reaction indicated that the fork was 120mm capable, then you certainly have a case for saying you didn't get what you paid for.

Do you have a relationship with a bike shop who could open up the fork for you and give you a 2nd opinion? Or are you mechanically inclined enough to try it yourself?

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I guess taking it to a shop for a 2nd opinion is the way to go. Take care to find a shop that knows Marzocchi internals though.

If there is a spacer in there, they can take it out, that would take the fork to 120 and you're done. As far as I know, the Corsa has a closed hydraulic cartridge design. If it's anything like other brands, my guess would be all they have to do is take the lower legs off, open up the bottom side of the air side stanchion and remove the spacer. Travel reduction spacers usually sit somewhere in the negative spring stack. They'd have to put back some lubrication oil before putting it back together, but that's it.

If the specs turn out to be different than advertised, I agree you have a case against CRC. Did Marzocchi USA say anything about what parts you would have to buy?

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Guys I took it to Marzocchi USA , they're about 30min away from me (luckily they're in my area). If anybody knows these forks...it would be them ! It was bought brand new. In regards to the problem, they said when you purchase items outside the USA you can run into these issues. That's why they don't warranty these items. I was not aware of this.

mtbr member
    OK, you obviously have done everything you can do, so it appears all that's left is to complain. You're off to a great start. Unsubscribed.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Its been taken care of joeblow and my complaining will hopefully warn others of potential problems and subsequent frustrations. Maybe others can avoid the same mistake I encountered if they read this post! Thanks for your help, it contributed tremendously to my question.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Re: Marzocchi Corsa SL 29er fork (2012)

I've been looking at some Corsa's on Crc, looking for a 120mm fork for my tallboy. Can you provide a link to the one you bought? Would have to go through the same thing, lot harder for me to get to Marzocchi headquarters from Australia ;-)

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Marzocchi Corsa SL RC 29 Fork 2012 | Buy Online | ChainReactionCycles.com

Looks like they dropped in price !! I paid $436.00 just about 10 days ago!!

FriendlyNeighborhoodMTBer
    Joe also put this fork up in the Where are the best deals forum 3 days ago.
    Available from Blue Sky Cycling for $299 for the tapered version.
    Marzocchi Corsa 29er forks on sale at BlueSky
    Blue Sky is in California.
    If you can't play, display.

mtbr member
    I have the fork above non tapered.

Interesting. I havent looked into the spacer conversion yet but now I know not to bother lol.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Big price difference !!

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Have most of you been happy with this fork as a whole?

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Mine has been rock solid, no complaints.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Marzocchi USA helped me out with the issue on this fork by basically only charging me for parts, which cut the price in half. They ended up changing the TST Micro Cartridge, AER Piston Rod and the oil. A big thank you to them on my behalf. CRC also got back to me and said they'd pick up the bill or part of it. Waiting to see how that plays out.They also said they would check their stock so that this doesn't happen again. I'm satisfied with that and hope no one else runs into the same issue.

get down!
    Service is most excellent at Marzocchi! Big ups to those dudes in the LBC!
    Rudy Projects look ridiculous

visit my blog, BEATS, BIKES & LIFE