mtbr member

Marzocchi 44 tst2. 29"

Is it any good,
    Anyone has one? Happy with it?
    expensive cars are a waste of money. Expensive bikes...not so much!

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    I'm interested to hear people's experiences with this fork as well as I'm looking to upgrade from the crummy Suntour fork my Giant Talon 1 came with. There aren't many 29er forks with a QR15 axle and the Marz seems like a great fork for the price considering you can find them new for $300.

I'm with stupid
    If it feels anywhere close to as good as my 44 mico ti then its golden.

R.I.P. DogFriend
    Quote Originally Posted by hitechredneck View Post
    I have spent a fair amount of time on both the 44 TST2 and the 44 Micro Ti (both 29"). The TST2 is a decent fork for the money. If you are/were lucky enough to get your meathooks on a 44 Micro Ti when they were blowing them out a while back, you scored. When the Micro Ti (my personal favorite fork) is adjusted properly, it is noticeably smoother and more 'plush' than the TST2.

For a semi-budget fork, the TST2 would be my pick for that price range.

Flaccid Member
    The Micro Ti is a great fork for the money. And if Marz ever comes out with a 29'er RC3, like some folks keep asking for, well, then that will be the day. I've spent time on the TST 2 and it's nice, but the micro Ti is buttah.
    "i'll brazilian when YOU do boy, right around the ol' rusty star. Actually, whole fruit bowl. Get on it!" NicoleB

mtbr member
    It's a little on the heavy side, but for the money it's pretty plush.
    When the **** did we get ice cream?

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I like mine but im a newb and can only compare it to my original suntour.

Life Is Short
    I like it, though like Jeffj said, I missed out on the Micro Ti blow out and that would be nicer, but
    I'm not a dirt snob and paid the $388 no tax free shipping on flea bay. I had the spacer removed so it has 140mm
    of travel. A pain in the ass was the having to get a 15mm hub/wheel. Cheers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Marzocchi 44 tst2. 29"-dscf0354.jpg  

mtbr member
    my xtc came with the 44 tst2, i have been happy with it. i found the rebound easy to dial in but as my weight decreases i have been having a hard time getting my psi dialed in again.

smooth and plush, great price point and they have been sturdy so far. 7 months of hammering fast rooty gravity fed trails, ramps 2-3' drops and more then a few wipe outs.
    2012 Giant Reign 1

mtbr member
    May 2009
    When I first got the TST2 my impressions were this is a stiff piece of junk but after a few conversations with Jeffj it turns out I had the air pressure waaaaayyyyyy to high. I weigh about 160-65 fully kitted and was running the fork at 50-55 psi. Jeff suggested that I lower the air down to 30-35psi and It was like night and day. Now I have a very plush fork that can still take a big hit. It is rather on the porky side but still a really great value and Marz support has been great.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pamt View Post
    When I first got the TST2 my impressions were this is a stiff piece of junk but after a few conversations with Jeffj it turns out I had the air pressure waaaaayyyyyy to high. I weigh about 160-65 fully kitted and was running the fork at 50-55 psi. Jeff suggested that I lower the air down to 30-35psi and It was like night and day. Now I have a very plush fork that can still take a big hit. It is rather on the porky side but still a really great value and Marz support has been great.
    I was 260lbs when i got mine, 50psi was to light. went up to 60 now i have lost 35lbs and im running 45-50psi. there was a week in there it was so stiff i may aswell have been running full rigged. lol
    2012 Giant Reign 1

mtbr member
    The tst2 is a low pressure shock so make sure u set up air pressure correct.
    When the **** did we get ice cream?

mtbr member
    Jul 2010

Upset Marzocchi 44 TST2 29er

Fork had issues from the beginning. It would "click" on initial compression, developed a leak around the TST2 selector after about 300 miles of XC riding. Then the Q/R 15mm axle threads stripped on the pinch lever side, a 70.00 replacement item. Sent fork to Marzocchi in CA only to have them change the oil and replace the leaking seal, fork still clicks. Bike is a 2011 but was still a new bike when purchased 4 months ago. , Performance Bike is waffling about replacing it, stating that they may have to just give me a discount on a new fork?!?!?!?! Wouldn't recommend the fork or buying anything but accessories from Performance...steer clear!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rkhall View Post
    Fork had issues from the beginning. It would "click" on initial compression, developed a leak around the TST2 selector after about 300 miles of XC riding. Then the Q/R 15mm axle threads stripped on the pinch lever side, a 70.00 replacement item. Sent fork to Marzocchi in CA only to have them change the oil and replace the leaking seal, fork still clicks. Bike is a 2011 but was still a new bike when purchased 4 months ago. , Performance Bike is waffling about replacing it, stating that they may have to just give me a discount on a new fork?!?!?!?! Wouldn't recommend the fork or buying anything but accessories from Performance...steer clear!
    I'd call Marzocchi and reiterate the issue. I had a "clicking" Marzocchi 66 and when I called for an update on their findings the tech. said he couldn't duplicate the noise. I asked how he was testing the fork ? He said he put the fork on the work bench and pushed down on it ??? He told me he could put it on his bike and give it a test if needed ??? C'mon don't these guys even have a suspension dyno ? They ended up just putting a new compression cartridge which corrected the problem - I did have to push them more than I really felt I should have.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    I agree you can't properly duplicate some fork issues off the bike. I did bounce a 2012 Sensor with the same fork and it had the exact same click...another did not. The "limited" warranty does specify manufacturers defects are covered within the first year. Performance claims 100% customer satisfaction and i'm going to hold them to it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Marzocchi 44 tst2. 29"-2011-gt-sensor-red-jockey-whls.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I've been doing it wrong. I weigh 180 and i've been running it at 60. going to try it at 40. Also going to increase travel if i my jimmies ever get wrestled enough to muck around with travel.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by hitechredneck View Post
    This is a smooth fork for sure; but as a suspension novice, I found all the adjustments a little complicated. I do normally ride rigid however.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012

fat forks

I'm looking for a suspension fork to fit big fat front tires with a beefy wheel. I think that between the popularity of fat bikes, and the need for stronger 29er wheels, there is a compelling argument for switching to a 135mm front axle as the new standard. with disc brakes and a symetrical front hub the spoke flanges are way to close together to build a strong 29er wheel. In fact I don't see why the downhill crowd has not switched to a wider axle for this reason even with 26" rims. A new fork with upside down twin dampers/springs, with a wider(preferably 135mm) propietary through axle with large bearings and axle for stiffness(like the maverick). and why not go to 170 mm rear for 29ers and DH. to keep the chain lined up witha narrow BB on a XC 29er, you could offset the rear dropouts the opposite way from a Pugsley.