mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Marzocchi 44 Micro Ti Damping Cart

The lock out isn’t working on my Marz 44 Micro Ti which I understand is a problem with the seals on the damper side but when searching I can’t find any direct detail on how to fix it. I’ve spoken to our importer in the UK (Windwave) and whilst it’s not covered under warranty (I’m not original owner so fair enough) they want £120 ($190) for a new damper cartridge……not including installation. Is it really a new cartridge job or, like with the Rockshox Pikes, is it just a cheap rubber seal that needs replacing? If that is the case if someone could point me in the right direction that would be great.

Cheers

JDM
    mtbr member
    I haven't found much info on about working on the damping cartridges for these forks yet, but I'd like to know more too.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    I can't actually find a downside of the lockout not working so far....apart from the obvious and that's not an issue as i never used it. It doesn't seem to be developing the hydraulic lock like the Pike's used to.

Another suspension reliability issue sends me another step towards nitrous's set up....

JDM
    mtbr member
    I don't use the lockout either, but I'd like to peek in side the damper cart.

What is nitrous's setup?

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    A lovely green Stickel and slack ish headangle with a fat front.

mtbr member
    You might just need to bleed the damper...a very straight forward & simple process.

JDM
    mtbr member
    Thanks for the video link!

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Ok, thanks for the link, will give it a try.

JB
    Just fast forward to the end for the bleed procedure. Or, if its still under its 3 year warranty, send to Zocchi for a free service.

Unfortunately, this procedure is required all the time with this fork. I've had 3 done now.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Hi there. I leave here the link to the topic by bulkheads damper marzocchi 44 STA micro: Marzocchi 44 Micro Switch Trawel Adjust and a photo album to this topic «Marzocchi 44 STA micro»
    and sorry, but the theme in Russian)