mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Marzocchi 44 29er @ 100mm of travel ?

Anyone running or tried the 44 @ 100mm of travel ? I read one post where anything less than 120mm and the fork didn't perform well ??? Thoughts or experience ? Thanks.

mtbr member
    44 Micro Ti set @120mm and @140mm worked more ore less the same. I guess setting up @100mm may feel a bit more progressive but since it's a very linear fork with light LSC it may be a positive (@100mm on XC rig firmer feel is most welcome). But again - no first hand experience @100mm, these are just thoughts...

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I'm running 100mm on my Spearfish, and so far I'm unimpressed. In order to get any kind of small bump compliance I have to deal with pretty massive brake dive. Couple that with the fact that the last inch of travel is almost impossible to get, and you don't have much fork left to work with. Tried to get some tips from Marzocchi, but their correspondence has been lacking.

I'm a very heavy rider, so I have trouble with suspension in general however. Depending on your body weight you might have better luck.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I have the 44 TST2 on my XTC and it's been perfect so far ( 100mm) I weigh 220 with gear and It works really well. The only thing I don't like is it's a boat anchor at 5 lbs.

R.I.P. DogFriend
    I have run both the 44 TST2 and the 44 Micro Ti at 100mm. If you don't spend the time to set the Micro Ti up properly, it will feel about like the TST2, which is decent (average), but if set up properly, it's at the top of it's class IMHO.

Try tthis: (this is critical) turn the volume adjuster in about halfway, set the rebound at or near the middle, and then set the sag (via the air spring) at about 32% (not less than 30%). Leave the gold compression knob at or near all the way open. Set up like this, the 44 Micro Ti is very plush. and active. Use your human suspension to adjust fore/aft weight bias so brake dive is minimal as you would with any fork that is very plush and active.