Trail Tire TV on blogger

Manitou Tower Pro Spring Manual

OK, The Manitou Tower forks are pretty awesome!! they are made with a combo setup of air and coil springs to get the most performance to weight-to $$$$ ratio and they did a damn good job of it!! You can fine tune your fork to your body weight and/or ride style by swapping out different coil springs that Manitou sells kits for rather cheaply. The only issue that I have found is the real lack of information and/or manuals to go about the process of doing the spring swap. I just did mine today using manitou's serivce manual and it is rather confusing and I ended up doing extra steps not needed because of it. SO ... I wrote this quick manual or reference sheet,.. or what ever you want to call it that just covers swapping out the spring... I'm not the best typist or speller but I hink I get the jist across and it should help those trying to do the spring change. Let me know if there is anything missing or needs to be corrected.

http://ctnemba.com/Images/ManitouSpr...ng_service.pdf

I also haven't added images ... yet, but will in future revisions!
    Last edited by thomllama; 10-22-2012 at 01:09 PM.
    Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/

squish, squish in da fish
    thanks for the re-write up. hopefully soon i will have the need for it. idk why companies dont have a service tech proof these things before sending them out? thanks again

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    I did a video and posted in the Suspension area of the forums...

manitou Tower (n Minute) Spring install manual
    Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Nice tohave a video to go with the service manual pictures and text. 2 rubber stoppers are what I use for lowers removal(1 smaller) to avoid oil replacement.

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by eb1888 View Post
    Nice tohave a video to go with the service manual pictures and text. 2 rubber stoppers are what I use for lowers removal(1 smaller) to avoid oil replacement.
    ya.. saw your post from like a week ago... didn't have any to fit and when I was at Walmart the stoppers were 1/2 the price of the oil.. but I needed oil for my compressor any way and it only uses a pint so...kill 2 with one quart

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by thomllama View Post
    ya.. saw your post from like a week ago... didn't have any to fit and when I was at Walmart the stoppers were 1/2 the price of the oil.. but I needed oil for my compressor any way and it only uses a pint so...kill 2 with one quart
    .I found mine at a hardware store in the aisle with all the individual drawers of different size washers and bolts and springs, etc.--cheap.

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by eb1888 View Post
    .I found mine at a hardware store in the aisle with all the individual drawers of different size washers and bolts and springs, etc.--cheap.
    ya.. If I go to do it again I'll probably give it a shot.. thou don't the plug create suction making it hard to get the stanchions out and wont they pop when you stick them back in the lowers?

Short-Change-Hero
    Very nice write-up dude. I would send over to TrailMaker and Ed at Manitou/Hayes as they will interject better than anyone here can.
    Inbred 29r (Purple People Eater)
    HH Thumper (Blackheart)
    Bikes for Boobs F*ck Cancer! One too many, 6/24/13. Miss ya ma'.

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by gregnash View Post
    Very nice write-up dude. I would send over to TrailMaker and Ed at Manitou/Hayes as they will interject better than anyone here can.
    Thanks, - Already went thru Manitou. They are pretty happy with the manual.
    Last edited by thomllama; 10-24-2012 at 05:37 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    ya.. If I go to do it again I'll probably give it a shot.. thou don't the plug create suction making it hard to get the stanchions out and wont they pop when you stick them back in the lowers?
    Yes.. You move the stanchions most of the way out and then pop them in and turn the fork over. Start them back in and then flip and remove the plugs.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    tagged for future ref
    roccowt.
    rocnbikemeld

The White Jeff W
    Subscribed. Thanks for the write up!
    No moss...

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    hey, need help.. I'm FAR from the best typist/speller, and I'm sure there is issues with that and grammar in this thing... please post up anything you catch... you aren't going to hurt my feelings

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    OK, The Manitou Tower forks are pretty awesome!! they are made with a combo setup of air and coil springs to get the most performance to weight-to $$$$ ratio and they did a damn good job of it!! You can fine tune your fork to your body weight and/or ride style by swapping out different coil springs that Manitou sells kits for rather cheaply. The only issue that I have found is the real lack of information and/or manuals to go about the process of doing the spring swap. I just did mine today using manitou's serivce manual and it is rather confusing and I ended up doing extra steps not needed because of it. SO ... I wrote this quick manual or reference sheet,.. or what ever you want to call it that just covers swapping out the spring... I'm not the best typist or speller but I hink I get the jist across and it should help those trying to do the spring change. Let me know if there is anything missing or needs to be corrected.

I also haven't added images ... yet, but will in future revisions!
    Thanks for write up, very helpful.