mtbr member
    Jul 2006

manitou tower pro 120mm in black?

Does anyone know where to find these? I only see white ones but surely there are some black ones available.

mtbr member
    Just emailed them yesterday with the same question. They are on the boat now and quoted me a late Nov or early Dec availability date.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Hey,

I'm interested also. I wonder if they would provide graphics for anyone who wanted to paint their fork... Hmm. I ended up getting a white one, brand new, for 350 so I couldn't pass it up. Been thinking about painting it though.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I have been looking but cant find the tower pro in black. So, has anyone seen this fabled product on the market yet?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AjonG View Post
    I have been looking but cant find the tower pro in black. So, has anyone seen this fabled product on the market yet?
    Sure!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails manitou tower pro 120mm in black?-img_1499.jpg  

The trouble with having an open mind is that people will insist on trying to put things in it.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    The tower expert legs are the same as the pro and readily availablie in black. I bought mine gently used from someone who purchased a set of the expert lowers and did the swap.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    @Ronnie

Where did you buy the fork?

This reply just came in from Hayes support:

"the pro is only in white available , the expert is available in black

thank you for contacting hayes technical support"

ready to ride
    Quote Originally Posted by AjonG View Post
    @Ronnie

Where did you buy the fork?

This reply just came in from Hayes support:

"the pro is only in white available , the expert is available in black

thank you for contacting hayes technical support"
    Well they used to exist
    Manitou Tower Pro 120 29" Fork 2012 > Components > Forks | Jenson USA Online Bike Shop

I too would like to get some in black.

I just submitted a request too and they were quick to respond. It looks like you can get them, here is the part #, and response. Probably can have it ordered through QBS.

Hi Matt, we do offer the Tower Pro with tapered steerer, 15mm QR, 120mm, black.

Here is the part #
    191-26027-C086 (Tower Pro 120 Blk NB 1.5T CM QR15)

You can have your local or favorite bike shop contact our dealer sales team to get one on order for you.
    Sent via my heady vibes from the heart of Pisgahstan

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I was able to get my hands on the 120MM Tapered Tower Pro in Black with QR15 only because I have a contact at Hayes that was able to get one shipped directly to me. I think the black ones they have in stock are meant for OEM bikes that require that color. They are not meant to be sold to individual customers. I am not sure if they are going to widely release this color to everyone or not. Like Matt stated above, you may be able to get one ordered through your LBS that carries Manitou products.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Has anyone had any more luck trying to get one in black?