mtbr member
    Feb 2012

Magura adapters for 2013 S-Works Epic Frameset Size L

Dear friends!

I just got S-Works 2013 Epic Frameset size L. Please help with adapters to mount Magura MT8 brakes: front on the fork (180mm rotor) and rear on the frame (160mm)? Also I am not sure about post mount - 5" or 6" for my fork and frame?

Also do you know whether front and rear brake are identical in terms of the looks and hose length? Mine came absolutely identical...

Thanks!

Philip

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Same adapter frt and rr in this situation.

This one should work: Shimano F180P/P2 Disc Brake Adaptor > Components > Brakes > Brake Adapters | Jenson USA Online Bike Shop - Mobile

The rr brake should come with a longer hose. The hoses are relatively simple to shorten if you have two rears, just need a little bit of disc brake experience, or good mechanical ability and some instructions.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by skey44 View Post
    Same adapter frt and rr in this situation.

This one should work: Shimano F180P/P2 Disc Brake Adaptor > Components > Brakes > Brake Adapters | Jenson USA Online Bike Shop - Mobile

The rr brake should come with a longer hose. The hoses are relatively simple to shorten if you have two rears, just need a little bit of disc brake experience, or good mechanical ability and some instructions.
    Thanks a lot! So you are saying - Magura does not make an adaptor for my situation? Will definitely try this!

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I am not familiar with the magura nomenclature of inches for the post mount size, therefore I just recommended the shimano adapter I have had success with. You should need the same adapter front and rear to add 20mm to a post mount. The front mount is pm160 therefore +20 will fit the 180mm rotor and the rear is pm140 therefore + 20 mm will fit a 160mm rotor.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Sounds very reasonable. I found them in one shop and there was also another: SM-MA90-F 180 P/P - do you know the difference between two?

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Believe the one you listed has more machining for weight reduction but should function identically.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    skey44!!! Thanks for your help - got the adapter you recommended - works perfect! Apparently Magura got terrible customer service...no help whatsoever how to choose from 20 different adapters! Thanks again!

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Glad I could help. I had to search pretty hard about this when I changed brakes from stock avid on my Epic 29.