Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Looking for a TOUGH rear tire that rolls well.

947 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  dremags 
#1 ·
I cut another rear tire in the rocks. I seem to cut them all in the tread, not on the sidewalls. This was a Geax AKA which I really liked as a rear tire. I run a Gato in the front which is great, but I want a faster rolling rear. What's put there that will survive on very rocky trails and rolls well?

#2 ·
LUST crossmark. Tough, but not my favorite tire. It was pure mediocrity, and extremely heavy.

There is a LUST ardent too. I don't think it rolls as fast, based on my memory of the normal casing one, and it is weird on the back when braking sideways. Lots of other tires out there that are less tough and more enjoyable to ride.

#4 ·
Don't know how you feel about Specialized tires but, they have the "grid" tires that are UST and super tough. Specialized also offers a 90 day warranty that will cover a replacement if you cut it. Check out the Fast Trak Grid UST, I've run them in the control series and they roll fast.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.