mtbr member
    Jun 2010

looking for tires

i will spend more time on pavement than dirt.. but im not sure what tires to buy...
    my bike has WTB Lazer Disc Trail 29", 32h w/single eyelet Black anodized Aluminum.

what tires do I have to buy? 700x32mm... or 700x35m... or 700x40m... 700x45m...
    and what tires do you recomend? i have in my mind kenda kwick bitumen

thx for your help...

mtbr member
    Look up your wheels to see what the width is (probably around 23-30mm), then decide how aggressive a tire you need for your riding (if you're 90% dirt 10% pavement you'll look at ones like Nevegals or Ignitors etc, of you're 10% dirt 90% pavement look at Big Apples or Captiv8ers, 50-50 look at Small Block 8s). Also you'll need to decide if you're on pavement a lot if you want a high volume tire or not. Low volume street tires will give more speed but a harsh rough ride, high volume will be a little slower but a softer ride. Your tire size will be ?mm wide x 622mm tall(700c), example; my tires for commuting are high volume semi slicks Origin8 Captiv8ers 2.3inch(60mm)x622mm. Kenda also makes good street tires in the 30-45mm range for low price. Schwalbe and Continental are also great choices but more expensive.
    The ridiculousness of cycling clothes increase exponentially in relation to the distance from your bicycle.