mtbr member
    Sep 2012

Looking for rims/tires for RIP9

Hey guys,

I recently bought a 2012 RIP9 frame and am starting to look for everything else I need.

I found some Stans Flow wheels with Ibis Mojo hubs. The front hub is 15mm though axle and the back is 12x142mm. I know I can get a kit for the rear axle.

Anyone have any experience with these wheels or hubs?

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    I've only run the arch ex's on my XC bike, but would have no problem running the flow rims on a trail/all mtn bike. I hear good things and for the price, they are hard to beat. No experience with ibis hubs but they make good stuff, and doubt they would put their name on something not of decent quality.

One thing to consider is if the rims are the flow or the flow ex version. If your buying new, would make sense to get the newer ex version. My local shops have been selling the stans rim/ hub sets for $425. Worth every penny IMO. I've been equally as satisfied with the Stan's compared to some other wheelsets I've owned which cost double the price.

mtbr member
    While I agree I'd get the EX version if buying new, the original Flows are great rims, and an excellent match for the RIP. They're sturdy (assuming the wheel is built properly) and their width gets the most of bigger tires. Highly recommended.
    Use it, use it, use it while you still have it.